engine mod - induction

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
would an induction kit be beneficial on a 1.2 16v corsa? or would i be better off replacing the panel filter?

also (to waynne) could you explain what you mean by fitting induction & exaust would make it hard to live with?

Thanks alot

Go with a panel filter. The sports exhaust and induction kit will rob you of low down power (IMHO) this can make the car difficult to drive in traffic, will kill your fuel economy and just generally annoy you. It would be good at high revs so if you were doing a track day these mods are probably worth doing but for the road I would steer well clear.

is it possible to fit several cold feed pipes to the filter box?

replacing the back box would still be ok though?

also would a lighter flywheel benefit, my other corsa's acc. pedal was like pushing a sponge, and it took a while for it to actually rev, whether it was knackered i dont know, if i compared it to my partners clio; hers is so light, its depressed with ease and revs abit more freely.

any tips?

thanks

I don't see why you can't add multiple cold air feeds to the airbox. Back boxes do most of the muffling so you won't be changing air flow much by changing it. It will sound sporty though.

what about flywheel alterations?

i think i'll get 2 cold air feeds and merge them into one before putting on to airbox. just been looking at panel filters.

thanks!

For the cost involved I do not think that a lighter flywheel would be worth it - the effective power gain is only a few bhp and you will struggle to keep to a steady speed on a hill.