Engine Conversions

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
I've just recieved a quote for an engine conversion. The basic idea is to get rid of my Civic engine (non-vtec) and replace it with an Integra Type R B18C (vtec) engine. The B18C also comes with a quick shift gearbox. The price is about £2500. Not sure how much fitting will cost. The power will increase from around 115bhp to just under 200bhp. I can't actually afford that much right now, but what do you guys think? Is that a good idea?

Hi Prince, Thanks for welcoming me to the site.
Just to let you know, I used to work for a local Honda Performance centre in Fleet Hants. If you need to know any information or help in sourcing parts, They have plenty of people they can call on and are authorised dealers for most of the jap tuning suppliers.
Let me know if you need anymore information.

I want to put in a more powerful engine (and I want it to be vtec), then I was gonna upgrade the brakes and exhaust. The B18C is also a good base if I wanna mod the performance more later.

that and theres alot of stuff avalible for the int engine where as theres not much avalible for the non vtec honda. i know i ha a hell of a time trying to get anything for the 1.4 engine