Engine code 16955

trumpet30

Wrench Pro
Car
VW Polo 1.4TDI
OK I have bought an engine code reader and have found the code that is causing my glow plug light to flash.

The code is 16955.

Does anyone know what this code means. The booklet has 18000 codes but the one that came up says refer to owners manual.

Any reason why it would fail.

I ask this as I had the main engine lght come on 6 months ago and the car went the garage and the Brake Light Switch and Water temp sender were faulty and replaced.

Within 4 months the light came back on again and it went back to the garage. the fault was the brake switch again so they replaced it under warranty as it was less than 6 months since it first failed.

The switch was last replaced 3 months ago and has obviously gone again. The garage will replace Free of charge but what causes the issue as I dont want to be in the garage every 2 months having it done.

because the switch - if its the same as the golf one - is a piece of cheap plastic that if not handled carefully when fitting will break. wouldnt surprise me if it was fitted incorrectly and you hitting the pedal has snapped it.

check your lights work befroe anything else