electro superchargers

tc1

Car
Toyota mr2 2L 3s-ge
Can any1 shed sum light on whether cheap super chargers (seen 'em going for bout £130) running on the car battery at 12v and 30,000 rpm actually work as forced induction as I've had conflicting info. The main stuff I've read state that they're a waste of money. Cheers

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

Ignore that rubbish! Your reading is correct: "The main stuff I've read state that they're a waste of money"

Have a look around the forum where we ignore fiction and embrace facts! ;)

Electric superchargers are a WASTE! DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT.
1: they don't spin fast enough to make any noticeable difference
2: in fact, the vacuum on the engine at WOT may be enough to suck the thing into the intake and ruin the engine.

You want forced induction, there is no cheap way to do it. Go big bucks or go home.

Turbocharger turbines turn at up to around 180000rpm, so your little electric motor at 30000 is hardly moving :)

All this gizmo will do is restrict air flow due to it being in the way of the incoming air.

The people behind these either have no idea how engines work or, more likely, are relying on the fact that most drivers, especially young ones looking for cheap performance bolt-ons, have no idea.

Last edited:
Do me a favour. Take yourself outside and give yourself a good slap.
In short no they are rubbish.

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Can any1 shed sum light on whether cheap super chargers (seen 'em going for bout £130) running on the car battery at 12v and 30,000 rpm actually work as forced induction as I've had conflicting info. The main stuff I've read state that they're a waste of money. Cheers

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back