Electric superchargers

search this site and youll soon find out thoughts about them on here.

basically there no way off making a fan that will move enough air quick enough to make a real difference.

think about lets say your engine is 50% efficient so a 2ltr would use 1 ltr every revolution. now sitting at 3000 rpm that means it would have to move more than 3000 ltrs a minute to make a difference.

now ether the motor will burn itself out and make itself a restriction in the airflow. or worse fall to bits then have plastic or metal blades trying to get into the cylinders

it usually is,
the theroy on them great but theres no way of gettin enough power from 12v fan. 240v industrial fans yeah great but how to power them ? inverters will put a strain on the engine and cause a loss in power

Don't bother - you're likely to send shards of disintegrated fan blades in the engine. They're about as effective as it would be trying to inflate a balloon by holding the open neck in front of a desk fan.

this is what you want
not much use in the diesel however
Eaton%20M45_1.jpg

Thought so because of the Pulley.

It's going to be a hell of a job to fit this to a diesel car because of the massive change in injector duration and dwell which will be required.

yeah thats why i said not really suitible for the diesel. but might be better for the mazda / probe that hes got.

should have said its an M45 - eaton supercharger thats fitted to mini cooper, small mercs and our own claymores fiat

MB has got really carried away with the Kompressor petrol models. THere has to be a good reason for them. Turbo-superchargers aren't everything. A lagless less mechanical blower might be an interesting proposition.

I know that railway diesels often use mechanical superchargers as the engines run basically at fixed revs. Same with marine engines.