Electric car charge now charged for

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Electric cars are now having to pay a fee to charge up the car. It was free but now fees are coming in at £5 for 20 minutes of charge, giving a range of 50 miles.

That's more expensive than petrol surely?

I guess more people will charge at home but this will relegate the electric car to being an around town only vehicle as drivers avoid the hefty service station charge point prices.

I had to smile when I read this story. I have smug friends with electric cars and now it's going to cost them more than using a petrol engine.

Why should it be free? Well. it isn't, everyone else is paying for it through their electricity bills.

The idea was to get lots of people buying electric cars, then start charging them (no pun intended) once they were caught.

Assuming off course that you can even get to a charging bay to plug in you're chariot. At a Corporation of London car park at Tower Hill there are 6 bays on level one dedicated to electric cars for charging. I have yet to see a single lead going from the charging unit to the car and this is because can't read won't read ignorant drivers park in the spaces as they cannot be bothered to drive up one more level where there is parking space aplenty - rant over! ;)