ECU questions

Car
2003 Elantra GLS
I'd like to know if it is possible to take a whole Hyundai ECU or its chip for one car programmed for one market (Asia, Europe, etc) and install/transplant it into a US programmed car (or its ECU in the case of just the processor chip).

I also have been having this thought in my head for the longest: Is there a hardware & software solution out there that REINTERPRETS the ECU's instructions to the engine and other parts?
Alot of the software is either to flash/tune it, to replace it, or to trick it into doing what we want it to do. What I'm talking about is software and a tuner that makes the ECU do the piggybacking. That way, if the ECU tries to cut back on power and torque, the program/hardware "reinterprets" the signals to the engine and components, but you'd still be able to read errors and such....AHA! I got it! an ECU CALIBRATOR! if it works on wide-format printers to adjust output quality, then.... I don't know :confused:

is that at all available.... or possible?

you must have softwer and EPROM reader to make diferent parameters on EPROM softwer you can find on internet, or find god man electric who know how to do this tuning. in split croatia i do this in EL-CODE find e-mail and he will you sey what you need for this yob

i put before airbox inside snorkel ,my surbo is inox typhttp://www.hyundai-klub.hr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=12704&start=225 translate from croatian

A bit of pipe with a twist and a few cuts in it? I can't see how it improves power!!

I think the previous owner of my car must have believed in the same nonsense as he had fitted a fan into the air box of my Getz.

First thing I did was remove it as I believe it was causing more obstruction than helping the performance!

Last edited:
A bit of pipe with a twist and a few cuts in it? I can't see how it improves power!!

I think the previous owner of my car must have believed in the same nonsense as he had fitted a fan into the air box of my Getz:

** Removed URL link as per TorqueCars T&C's**

First thing I did was remove it as I believe it was causing more obstruction than helping the performance!

As a new member buddy if you remember from the signing on T&C's, you need to have made 10 posts before the spamming filter will allow any photos or web links to be posted.

Fair enough. Tough to illustrate my point, but I know what your saying.

Have a look around the site and make some more posts buddy, you will hit 10 posts in no time at all.
If you could see behind the scenes at the people who spam this site and seek to do us harm, you will see that the rules become not only necessary but vital.

Thanks for being so understanding |B

T9 man
Super Moderator.