Driving with a flat tyre.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I'm sure we have all seen this. I spotted a car driving along the road with a tyre which was flatter than a flat thing that was very flat.

The tyre was almost off the rim and you could hear the rim scraping along the road. Now I would have though that a sudden loss of steering, stability, noise and the fact that the right hand side of your car is 4 inches lower would be enough to cause a driver to suspect that something is up.

Apparently not! Why do people ignore the warning signs of a problem?

Driving with a flat tyre will 1) Kill the tyre and 2) Kill the rim turning a simple inflation and or puncture repair job into a very expensive one.

Has anyone else done this? (Perhaps you've seen this as well.)

have seen it. and managed to drive the whole 3 ft before i realised something was up .

mabye they think if they ignore it, it will go away :confused:

i myself have never had a flat tire but my friends managed to go flat driveing down the m4 it was only when the steering wheel started pulling drastically to the left we thought that something may be wrong.

Most drivers are blissfully unaware of anything as unimportant as a flat tyre. Come on, they're only black round rubber things after all.