Door locks automatically locks - Needs a locksmith

L

Letitiota

I'm having problem with my Chevy beat 2006 and the problem started after i replaced the battery of my car. My car door locks After replacing the battery the door locks now automatically lock when the ignition switch is turned on. i have consulted with one or more locksmith they told me to charge above $750.00 , i found them very expensive. plzzz if anyone have some suggestion plzz share them with me.

Your location says United states, but the US didn't get the Chevy Beat. We didn't get anything that small until recently with the Chevy Spark. And the US has a 25 year ban on importing any car until it's 25 years old (meaning 1988 cars just became legal for importing)

Anyways, I have nothing to add here. I hate dealing with automotive electrics. My Saturn automatically locks the doors in a similar manner (once I start doing 5 MPH, they automatically lock). I wouldn't worry about it. It's supposed to be a safety feature. Makes it less likely you'll be car-jacked.

Greetings letitiota and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

It could be just that the ECU needs to be retold what the cars basic functions were before you replaced the battery. Pop along to a Chevy dealer (Forget the locksmiths) and explain the situation, hopefully they will just be able to plug in a gizmo (In the UK we use a Tech II programmer) and this can switch the door lock protocol back to how you had it before. With the battery disconnected you see, it may have reverted back to preprogrammed settings used and preferred in another country. This should be relatively straightforward to do and at a minimum cost.

Good luck.

sounds like the car has anti hijack enabled. speak to chevvy see if they can help. cant find anything with a quick google.
is there anything in the manual about it.

and a 25 year ban on imports?

sounds like the car has anti hijack enabled. speak to chevvy see if they can help. cant find anything with a quick google.
is there anything in the manual about it.

and a 25 year ban on imports?

Yea. If a car wasn't sold here to begin with, we can't get ahold of them in the USA for 25 years. You Europeans can just come over here and import a USDM car any time. About a year ago, the US government went around seizing all Nissan Skylines that had been imported and registered as kit cars. There have been numerous attempts to have the 25 year ban removed or even lowered to 15 years (to match Canada's similar 15 year ban rule). All attempts to remove it have failed sadly.
When we Americans can't get ahold of a car, we MEAN we can't get ahold of it. Period.

And the US has a 25 year ban on importing any car until it's 25 years old (meaning 1988 cars just became legal for importing)

Eh.... Say what???

So you can't import anything?? Thats terrible.

Or great? To be honest, if I lived in America'shire id be like Hank Hill from king of the hill. Drive an All American Truck and use only American made things and live is Texas. Home of America! lol

Eh.... Say what???

So you can't import anything?? Thats terrible.

Or great? To be honest, if I lived in America'shire id be like Hank Hill from king of the hill. Drive an All American Truck and use only American made things and live is Texas. Home of America! lol

We are SEVERELY lacking in small hatchbacks here. Seat, Renault, Citroen Peugeot, Skoda, etc don't sell here and Skoda and Seat never have. Alfa Romeo stopped selling here in 1995, Lancia in 1980, and Fiat around 1989 (Though Fiat recently reintroduced itself to the US Market to resounding success). Word is Alfa and Lancia may be returning to the USA soon. We really need small hatchbacks here. We just lost Suzuki.
Current hatchbacks sold in USA:
Ford Focus
Ford Fiesta
Chevrolet Sonic (Aveo to you Europeans)
Chevrolet Spark (new for 2013)
Honda Fit
Toyota Yaris
Toyota Matrix
Hyundai Accent
Kia Soul
Kia Rio
Kia Forte5
Mazda 2
Mazda 3
Hyundai Elantra GT
Scion xD (Japanese market Toyota Ist)
Scion xB (Japanese market Toyota Corolla Rumion)
Scion tC (Japanese Market Toyota Zelas)
Nissan Versa Note (enters dealers next month)
Nissan Cube
Suzuki SX4 (2013 is the last model year)
Mitsubishi Mirage (2014 model year. announced last week)
Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback
Subaru Impreza

And our list of estates/wagons currently available is even shorter:
Cadillac CTS
Mercedes E-Class
Audi A3 (We ONLY get the estate variant)
BMW 3 series
Acura TSX (Honda Accord to you Europeans. The US Market Honda Accord is more closely related to the Japanese market Honda Inspire)

All Luxury cars if you notice.

We never got the Honda Civic Type R, nor the Ford Focus ST or Ford Focus RS. We only just got the recent Focus ST available here. We didn't get the 16 valve MK3 Golf GTI of the 90's. Instead MK3 Golf GTI's here had a choice of a 2.0L 8V (115 HP) or the 2.8L VR6. We never got the Nissan Skyline until the V35 model (sold here as the Infiniti G35. The V35 model was the generation AFTER the R34). We got the S12 Nissan Silvia here as the Nissan 200SX, the S13 and S14 were sold here as the Nissan 240SX (with a 2.4L Nissan KA24 truck engine instead of the SR20DET everywhere else got), but we didn't get the S15 Silvia. The only Nissan Pulsar we got was back in the 1980s (I believe it's referred to as the N13 EXA model).

What I'm getting at here is that Americans didn't get a lot of the economy cars people adore, and the 25 year ban makes it near impossible for us to get ahold of them. If there were no ban, I'd probably have imported a Citroen Saxo VTS or one of the many random Japanese Kei Cars.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back