dog smell

febreze works well on dogs smells.

if your leaving the car parked for the night spray loads on the interior, carpets, door cards etc and it should be gone by the morning (the smell that is not the car :))

Some foam car cleaners use a chemical that smells like pee. Why not get it steam cleaned by a pro carpet cleaner?

Shake and Vac would also be a good bet for a DIY option.;)

... and it should be gone by the morning (the smell that is not the car :))
rofl.gif

So coffee won't work on this one then? :amuse:

Personally I'd have a Valeter give the interior a thorough clean they've got all the right kit & you won't have to lift a finger.

Or... Go to one of the large pet stores, they sell dedicated products for such a job.

Last edited:
It's the dog sweat that is smelling so you need to get that right out of the fabric. A good deep steam clean or chemical cleaner is your only real option.

Clean your car normally with soap/hoover then the best thing to do for any really intrusive smell is,

get 2 bottles of white vinegar, empty them into four bowls (two bowls for a two seater) and place the open bowls in the footwell.

Close all the windows and leave it overnight, in the morning/next day remove them and air out the car. This will give you a nice neutral smell back in the entire car I have used these methods for really bad kept interiors and it has worked wonders but there is a limit of how much carpet can take before it needs replacing.

The best " de ponging" method I know is plain simple charcoal as per a barbecue fuel. NOT briquettes, must be natural charcoal and make sure it hasn't been impregnated with lighter fuel. Cover the floor areas with paper or a light cloth and put plenty of charcoal over it. Leave over night and see if there is a difference. We have 2 dogs and this is what we do after the wet muttlies have been in the car. It works on spilt milk too but it needs a good clean 1st and then left for at least 48 hours.
BB

The best " de ponging" method I know is plain simple charcoal as per a barbecue fuel. NOT briquettes, must be natural charcoal and make sure it hasn't been impregnated with lighter fuel. Cover the floor areas with paper or a light cloth and put plenty of charcoal over it. Leave over night and see if there is a difference. We have 2 dogs and this is what we do after the wet muttlies have been in the car. It works on spilt milk too but it needs a good clean 1st and then left for at least 48 hours.
BB

I really mustn't skim read posts, talk about getting the wrong end of the stick. I suppose lighting the cloth on the barbecue fuel would stop the smell of a dog!:lol:

I really mustn't skim read posts, talk about getting the wrong end of the stick. I suppose lighting the cloth on the barbecue fuel would stop the smell of a dog!:lol:
You plonker Rodney........
Lighting the cloth would rid you of the smell......... and the car.
Natural charcoal will absorb the pong, think of Odour Eater shoe inserts, after a while and so it does work BUT don't light anything........

apparently sprinkling bicarb of soda ovet the carpets and leaving it overnight then hoovering it up next day sorts it out. I cant guarantee it as i havent tried it but i asked someone as my car is also a dog vehicle, above is what they suggested and others backed it up

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back