Do you have an induction kit

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just a spot survey really on induction kits....

Do you have an induction kit fitted to your car?

Did it make a difference?

What make/model is the induction kit?

Did you customise the install in anyway?

Yes I do have an induction kit fitted to the car. It is custom made specifically for my race engine. I am very happy with the performance :)

yes i have a apexi power intake but this was already on the car so i cant really say but over the gt4 forum this is 1 of the best

Yes, a BMC CDA induction kit, custom cold air feed and silicon hoses. A reputed 10bhp increase over standard (which is very poor as was designed for the 2.0L engine, not the 2.5) and after a session on the rollers that was deemed to be quite accurate. Been fitted for around 7 years now and still does an excellent job.

All cars have induction kits as standard so I assume you mean an aftermarket version :)

They don't make one for my car so it is bespoke (as usual). 125mm diameter pipe from turbo to the filter that is away from the engine bay and has direct air feed from outside.

Yes already fitted to car,it is a hks super sucker 200mm mushroom shape air filter,i assume it does the job a lot of skylines have them fitted !.I have fitted a cold air tube to direct cold air to it from outside the engine bay,when the turbo spools up the filter makes a loud sucking sound!,nice if you like that sort of sound,!!!!,i do!.....lol