Do you give way much

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
It seems there are drivers who go out of their way to give way to other cars, and there are those who never ever give way.

Which are you? Is there a middle ground here?

I frequently give way, it usually means I get to make swifter progress as the road doesn't get snarled up with people pushing through. I have on occasion though just pushed through a gap, usually because I'm in a rush or the other driver was badly positioned or lacked confidence to squeeze past.

Driving the gold wheeled chav mobile I take great pleasure in driving with care and courtesy, frequently giving way to other road users and seeing the look of surprise of their faces :)

I'm a bit like LM and always acknowledge others that let me in to peak hour traffic with a wave.

I'm courteous mostly with the odd unhinged rant thrown in at people that try to cut down lanes and shove in, in front of me. Nope. Not today son. I had to queue here, get in line. (I'll just point out here that merging lanes are different, I more mean people that go down a straight ahead lane knowing they're going right and then try to force their way in whilst blocking all the traffic behind them too). Generally if I'm not in a particular rush though I will let at least one car out from anywhere along my journey as long as it doesn't impede me too much, i.e. an old dear that I'll end up having to overtake anyway or if I have to slow right down from speed to do so. Circumstances are key