Torque Cars

Do you get your 4x4 dirty?

Discussion in '4x4 Owners club (off roaders)' started by obi_waynne, 27 November 2006.

1. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Ok so now you have to own up. Do you get yours muddy or is it just for show?

2. trooper

trooper Track Warrior

Kirkintilloch, Scotland
    A clean 4x4 is it heard of? Mine is always dirty on the outside (getting better at keeping inside clean....lol). I dont think 4x4 look right if they are too clean. They are work machines.
    I must admit though if i had my hummer i probably would have that spotless inside and out!

3. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    That's a song isn't it - "if i had a Hummer, I'd hummer in the morning......" :lol:

4. billyo

billyo Track Warrior

Ive seen spray on mud for sale to give the been off road look in cities :lol: !

5. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    :lol: Spray on mud - now i've heard it all.

6. trooper

trooper Track Warrior

Kirkintilloch, Scotland
    Why didnt i think of that!!! lol

I dont need spray on mud though, i'm on and off muddy places so i get the real thing...lol

7. billyo

billyo Track Warrior

Necessity is the mother of invention! :wink:

You can always market it yourself cos mud is not subject to copyright :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. trooper

trooper Track Warrior

Kirkintilloch, Scotland
    too true 8) :lol: :lol: 8)

9. Madlandy

Madlandy New member

Worcestershire
    I get mine absolutely filthy, either mud or dust... oh and occassional a bit of panel damage after a roll etc. :D

10. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Glad to hear it.

11. RobBentley

RobBentley The Torque Meister

Kent, UK
    Car:
    Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
    I have a FreeLander TD4 Sport Premium '04 as my run around and I aim for any mud I can. I think it suits the vehicle :).

I've actually taken it through some quite heavy mud on occasions and given its the baby ladie it does pretty damn well I must admit.

12. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    What does the wife say when it comes back muddy?

13. lexus8

lexus8 Tuner

New Zealand
    Car:
    1991 Hilux Surf
    I know this is an old thread but when I got my current Surf one of the first things my wife said was " you are not gunna go get it dirty now its finished are you " , firstly a true 4x4 is never finished and whats the use of having a 4x4 if its not dirty from time to time

14. Hansi

Hansi Track Warrior

Bifröst, Iceland
    Car:
    Getz GLS 1.6
    I don't have a 4x4 at the moment but working on rectifying the problem. I am however a part of a few communities where the off road car is used a lot. Including the Search and rescue, those cars do get dirty but are always cleaned as soon as we get back. I also go off roading with my friends. They are not as quick to clean the cars after a trip, they usually get a proper cleaning 4-5 times a year.

I guess we'll see what kind I am as soon as I manage to get rid of the Getz and get a proper Icelandic truck