• Total voters

dagger

The Torque Meister
Car
Nissan Primera S.I.
I do

I find it very relaxing
when i get a bit stressed out - then out comes the cleaning kit

I don't like a dirty car , i like to look out of the window and see her gleaming :embarrest:

I find it therapeutic but it is hard finding the time, I just don't think a quick clean is possible, probably because I have so much car to clean.

I really hate to see the car dirty but we have loads of muddy country Roads down our way at the moment.

I voted no, i love it when its clean, but i think i went a bit ott with my old car and as i used to spend a whole day on that it puts me off doing thiso ne cause its soo big lol have only washed it once since owning it lol had it since july 2011! Its getting a clean on 10th feb though as my cousin wants me to take him to his wedding in it on the 11th lol

I used to enjoy it, but now I end up cleaning every car in the household at times and I get fed up with it! Also does my back in. Anyway using a step ladder to clean the Land Rover is a real pita!

:mrgreen:I'm with Dagger. I prefer to clean it myself. It'll get done properly and I can be sure of what it's being cleaned with. A 'quick' clean isn't always the answer. :lol:

Simple answer - no! :)

During winter she gets once a week quick miniwash spraying because of solt.
Other parts of year I wash my cars once a week, but i don't enjoy it. Once a year after winter time they got polishing and somewhat more detailed cleaning, but every other time it is just quick shampoing, washing off and drying with cloth - actually part of deer skin.
It's a PITA for me, and I cleaning them just enough to not be ashamed when park somewhere.

I clean mine once a week on the outside!,and the inside gets done when its needed!,it is a labour of love it looks great when its clean!.

No, not when I'm doing it.

I always start with great inthusiasm and great intent, but after about 30 mins trying to get the brake dust off and the tar, I start to get annoyed. I keep going till its done, then I feel good for doing it.

So no in a yes type of way :confused:

No, not when I'm doing it.

I always start with great inthusiasm and great intent, but after about 30 mins trying to get the brake dust off and the tar, I start to get annoyed. I keep going till its done, then I feel good for doing it.

So no in a yes type of way :confused:

Start getting some decent chemicals to clean the car with,
brake dust - couple of applications of decent wheel cleaner then seal them up, shampoo will clean them after that.

tar - tardis will literately make it run off unless its been on a while

Oh hell yes I enjoy it, specially if the car is worth doing it to. When I lived up north I regulaly clean the old dears cars lol. But I've had some nice colours of cars that have come up very nice with the right treatment.

Start getting some decent chemicals to clean the car with,
brake dust - couple of applications of decent wheel cleaner then seal them up, shampoo will clean them after that.

tar - tardis will literately make it run off unless its been on a while

Tardis? Whats this. I have always been a bit carefull when it comes to chemicles to remove stuff off my car. The only things I have used is ''much of'' for cleaning the engine and bug remover for the windscreen/front
bumper. Everything els is used with wash and wax turtle wax shampoo.

Will it ruin paint in the long term (bit of a daft question asking you this, as I know the answer will most likley be 99.9% no. As I know you know your stuff when it comes to cleaning a car! lol ;))

if you leave it on too long it can start to damage the paint as it is a strong solvent. but as long as your not an idiot and wander away and leave it 10 mins. you will probably do more damage on soft jap paint trying to clean it off using a shampoo and mitt

this is the stuff
ASTardis.jpg

youll need to find your local autosmart dealer when you get back

not with this weather ! way to cold for me to any work outdoors !

WHAT !!!!! cleaned the car in -2 a few weeks ago, great fun as the water kept freezing on car.
did it last year in -8 now that was fun, granted it was just a quick wash to get the sand and salt off the car

Cleaning my car is the nearest thing I get to therapy! It really relaxes me and helps me clear my head.

That all stops though when I realise I've picked up a new scratch or dent that I wasn't aware of.

Nothing I hate more than washing my car, but standing back and looking at her when it's done makes me fall in love all over again, and driving around in a clean car, what a joy.

I really dislike to see the car unclean but we have lots of unclean country Streets down our way at this time. . . . . .