Do manners cost anything

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
People can be so rude, they push through tiny gaps and don't even bother to thank you for giving way or anticipating their stupidity and allowing traffic to flow.

Are they rude or just a bit brain dead? Is it just me or does this sort of thing happen to you?

Don't get me started on this subject or we'll be here all night ;)

I hate bad manners of any kind full stop!

I always give other drivers a wave when they let me in from side roads .Costs nothing to be friendly.

If you want to know what it's like to be treated with disdain then go buy a BMW. Any model, any age. You'll feel it from day zero.
I would show manners to anyone on the road the badge on the car means nothing in that context.
From your post about your currant car I am sure you would prefer to still have your BMW.
This is not a dig just an opinion and and an observation.

As said you get it on the high street as well. I open and hold doors for people, seldom get a thank you. I used to bite my lip and let it go, now I just give a sarcastic "thanks don't mention it" and make them feel awkward. It does grind me somewhat but life is full of ignorant people.

Sadly manners aren't being passed down through the generations. I see my daughters friends when they come round or at parties and they hardly use please or thank you. They get a bit of a lesson when they come round here and get ignored three times if they don't use please and on the fourth attempted if please isn't usedtthe answer is no. Surprisingly the next time they ask the word please is used.
Also when I hand them something I don't let go of the item until the words thank you is said it may take a few times of me saying pardon but I always get a thank you in the end!

More power to you Herb |B|B
I was working on a new building at a university years ago and stepped aside and held a door open for a female who said "I can open doors for myself'" and I replied "I am old fashioned and was taught to be respectful to ladies .Sorry for my mistake"

I would show manners to anyone on the road the badge on the car means nothing in that context.
From your post about your currant car I am sure you would prefer to still have your BMW.
This is not a dig just an opinion and and an observation.

Yes, not because of my attitude to driving and manners. VW roughly translates to people's car. It ain't. It's a reliability nightmare and costly to service and fix. BMWs don't go wrong and the servicing is far far far cheaper than this Passat.

As was my Peugeot, Nissan Primera, and a couple of Rover Montego.

And my Fiat 127.

VW is not the paragon of reliability we're all led to believe it is by the motoring press.

This Passat is the worst car I have ever had the misfortune to own and drive.

Did not think it was due to your manners or driving attitude.
Sorry to hear about your Passat.
I felt the same way about my mondeo zetec s.

As said you get it on the high street as well. I open and hold doors for people, seldom get a thank you. I used to bite my lip and let it go, now I just give a sarcastic "thanks don't mention it" and make them feel awkward. It does grind me somewhat but life is full of ignorant people.

Same here!!! I usually say something like "Your welcome, let me know when your passing again, I'll still be here holding this blasted door open for you" Her indoors just rolls her eyes at me once my little rant is over :rofl:

my kids are complimented on a regular basis for their please and thank yous.
It does irk me greatly when you let someone out and they completely ignore you !!!:}>:}>:}>:}>:}>:}>