Torque Cars

Diesel low mileage 05 x type 2.0 or high mileage mazda 6 2.2

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by aston, 11 October 2017.

1. aston

aston The Torque Meister

South Dorset
    Car:
    VOLVO and VW
    Hi, I need a diesel estate, I've found a jag x type 2.0 2006 88900 on the clock (I'm a huge mondeo fan) and a Mazda 6 2.2 2011
    New Turbo etc on the Mazda, £1850 for the Mazda and ,£2450 for the jag, both very clean, which sounds better?

2. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    X type. Ford engine as you probably know, not the smoothest but strong, durable and lots of tuning. Do an oil change on the 4x4 transfer box when you get it as that's the only weak point on what is a very underrated car.

3. claymore

claymore The Torque Meister

Shrewsbury
    Car:
    T-10k,
    I'd check the sills very carefully on the Jag.

obi_waynne likes this.
  4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    The Mazda 6 will have lower running costs and IMO will be more fun to drive but the fact they have had to replace the turbo worries me a little. Did any parts of the old turbo break off and damage the valves or cylinders? Is it well maintained?