Torque Cars

Diesel exhaust systems

Discussion in 'Diesel Chat' started by orca1911, 20 April 2019.

Tags:
  1. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    The methanol/water injection kit has been a good upgrade.it actually improves the reliability of the engine by bringing the intake charge temperature down considerably..

2. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    I've seen lots of methanol combos, i wish i could do something as complex as that buuut it's never gonna happen. Im considering something like a dual turbo setup (smaller one spooling up a slightly bigger one to eliminate turbo lag) with a bigger intercooler these days, but i should probably stick with just a single turbo like gtd1244vz or gt1544v, still planning my tuning route lol, what do you think?

3. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Sounds great but the methanol kit was a doddle to install..

4. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    Can you upload pictures of your engine on imgur or somewhere? I really wanna see how it looks like.

5. Martyn666

Martyn666 Full member

Bristol, UK
    Car:
    Mitsubishi 3000GT
    None of my Diesel modded vehicles belch Black smoke upon hitting the loud pedal. All have modded exhausts.
    1.9T5 (upgraded to 2.0ltr, Alisport FMIC, Pipercross dry filter,) exhaust done by Infinity (Bristol). 3” from down pipes (decat) to back section where I can then either run a single can squared oval or twin can 5” cannons. The cannons are a little more free flowing than the oval. Both are loads better than the standard. You can hear turbo spool and variable vane action (turbo bark).
    It’s essential to remap (IMO). To get the best from an exhaust. My mpg increased from low to high 30’s and the driving experience is loads better. But most importantly NO smoke and it passes the MOT well within the requirement.

6. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Not much to see to be fair...plus the methanol kit install..

Attached Files:

7. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Mine only chucks out a puff of black smoke when I burry the throttle then cleans up..the methanol kit has also cleaned the emissions further and improved MPG..I’ve never had any issues regarding the MOT...

8. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    Sometimes i ask myself why they put all those filters into diesel cars, in most cases it still leaves a black cloud and you guys clearly pass the requirements without them i suppose...

9. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I’m sure I’ve said before..a well tuned engine won’t spew out black smoke?..Take it you wasn’t impressed with the engine bay pics?..like I said..not much to look at..lol..

10. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    I guess you're right then, i feel much more comfortable adjusting things now. The engine pics are a bit underwhelming, not gonna lie lol. One could never tell it has so much power from the engine bay alone. On another note, i would like to have the exact same inconspicuous look when im done with mine, it may be better that way, sleepers FTW!

11. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I did say there was nothing to see.lol..but that was my intention as with the intercooler..it’s all been done to look as stock as possible...there go the “SLEEPER “.. :)

12. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    If you paint the blue hose black, nobody would ever notice the tune up lol

13. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Probably so but it’s just enough to get them intrigued.. ;)

14. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    I would totally paint it black and joke around with people that don't believe me :D

15. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I don’t have to joke around..when they see me disappear..that’s what they don’t believe..lol..

obi_waynne likes this.
  16. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    Aw man, how i'd like to see it in person, it's probably the best little sleeper on the road there and it isnt petrol for a change.

Greg1990 likes this.
  17. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    The car has been running very well with the methanol injection kit..been considering adding nitrous..any opinions?..lol..

18. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    That will definitely lead to blown stuff lol

Greg1990 likes this.
  19. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I know what you’re saying but people I’ve asked so far have said your car has got full service history and since I’ve had it it’s been serviced every 5,000 miles..diesels are far stronger than petrols so it shouldn’t effect the reliability too much?..

20. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    I don't think that you can go past 300 without forged parts though. Given enough time it's gonna be a supercharger spooling a turbocharger soon lol

Greg1990 likes this.
  21. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I’ve seen triple turbo set ups where 2 turbo’s wake a massive one up!..lol..not looking to go beyond 300BHP..maybe just an extra 50/60BHP kick up the backside.. :)

22. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    https://i.postimg.cc/50GHNtF7/64856304-10219475132778430-42313468044378112-n.jpg

This is a project from another guy, maybe this gives you ideas lol

So dude took a 1.6 engine, diesel, bore it to 1.7, put bigger pistons, new sleeves, where the ac was now stands a supercharger that feeds a big turbocharger. This is the engine i got in my car and im sitting here just looking how the dude did the whole thing. I probably missed a lot of details, just a disclaimer.

23. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I’m blowing boost hoses off at the minute..I’m running just over 2 bar of boost which is a fair amount..we’ve tig welded a ridge on the end of the boost pipes and double clamped em so hopefully we’ll see the end of that?..nothing worse when some young upstart in his not hatch challenges you only for the boost pipe to let go!..lol :)

Lunchmoney likes this.
  24. orca1911

orca1911 Tuner

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    lol poor car is cracking up from all that boost :D

25. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Given the choice of aircon or supercharger I'd go with power every time! Sounds like an interesting project thanks for the inspirational heads up!