Design flaws in your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I think most cars have some annoying design flaw somewhere.

What things would you do differently on your car?

Mine has an annoying elbow rest that blocks the handbrake and cup holder and the catch on it failed causing it to flap open when upright, the windows are dead for 10 seconds after starting the engine. The rain also runs straight off the roof into the open door, wicking into the car when the door is open.

After heavy rain i open all four doors and boot as the water justs lays there.
Rear visibilty is poor due to a small rear window and thick door pillers.
None of this is an issue as i just work round it
like most people.

You're really not a bunny of positive euphoria are you HDI!

You should ditch it and get a car you'll be happy with. You've put up with it for a while now. It's a shame the VAG group have lost it. Hopefully they will improve their build quality.

You're really not a bunny of positive euphoria are you HDI!

You should ditch it and get a car you'll be happy with. You've put up with it for a while now. It's a shame the VAG group have lost it. Hopefully they will improve their build quality.

Nope, I will remain steadfastly with it now. It was a panic purchase. Panic is a regular feature in this household now. I have no time (or funds) to go out seeking another car. My time is better spent here at home.

Motor Mounts not strong enough, coolant hoses are routed under the blower so when they fail the whole S/C has to come off, and last but not least no LSD available.
I still love my car though so these are things I have just dealt with.