Defrosting your car windscreen

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Do you have any tips or best ways to remove the Ice from your cars windscreen?

I see people putting newspaper over it but when I tried it the paper just stuck to the glass and it took even longer to clear it. Do the night before pre-icer sprays work?

I used to put cold water (50 degrees)over the ice on my windshield. Keep it cold ( but not colder than 32 degrees / 0 celciuous or it will crack

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CarPlan-SC...=1514803395&sr=8-11&keywords=car+ice+scrapper
6166oWO8oVL._SL1000_.jpg

I scratched my windscreen with one of those plastic scrapers, I used the plastic edge rather than the rubber edge!

I use tepid tap water, poured over slowly, that does a great job every time and no harmful chemicals were used.

I heard you can just boil a kettle and pour it straight on :}>
NO No No no no no NO NO NO!

Anything remotely warm WILL CRACK THE GLASS, and I'm posting this for the one person who reads your post as a serious suggestion and not as a tongue in cheek humorous remark!

I suppose it was bad of me to assume that people should know not to do that! Assumption is the mother of all *#*#*#*# ups!

I’m under equipped when it comes to scraping the ice off my window. I just use an old iTunes gift card and scrape it off with that! It’s never let me down so far haha

Never assume anything when you're dealing with the general public. Someone told me "assume they are all idiots and sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised!"

Good old itunes card @JayNo