Define the perfect sleeper.

Re: Square Number Plates

Ok, so we know what the 'perfect' boy racer car looks like...how about the perfect sleeper?

Old VW beetle, rat look... HEMI :-D

Am I a little too obsessed with those rather glorious V8s? Yes? Oh :(

There's a place called P&L minis that do a conversion on old minis that (amongst other things like new breaks, suspension and transmission) includes a 1.6l VTEC... That must be fun :-D

You can see such a thing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj3LmIuovYQ

Personally I'd want a Fabia VRS that was tuned to buggery but had the bodykit from a standard fabia... But then again, I appear to obsessed with Fabias as well as Hemis... I wonder if I put the fabia badge back on my car but changed the "f" to an "l" anyone would notice...

I've always loved sleepers. Much more my typa thing the racing stripes and "M" badges.

Last edited:
I think a Skoda VRS in a standard bodykit with all badges removed/replaced with 1.2L with a 225 bhp Audi engine tuned to the max would be a good sleeper.

id love to put that mg sv 5 litre v8 in my rover, or just buy that car :eek:

as for sleepers i think they need to look stanard, a sports exhaust that makes no noise and is quite well hidden, a monstrous engine, but this could be loud :s some standard alloys. nobody wants wheel trims :D

would it not class as a kit car ? might have been worth it. have heard about the ferrari 355 / mr2 kit cars. insurance drops once its converted.

personally i like the herbie idea. old beetle with a 3.6 porsche engine underneath. mates father startd one but never got round to finishing it.

the car should also look like its been neglected for most of its life

I think as long as most of the chassis and original components remain you do not have to re-register the car. There must be a percentage cut off point though.