Dangerous habit

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
I see many drivers on my travels that seem oblivious to the danger of having windows 1/2 way down / up .

The danger is that if they become involved in a T bone crash they will experience "whiplash" and the head will come in contact with the narrow top edge of the glass that can and will have serious consequences due to a heavy contact on a small surface area.

Some cars won't allow the rear windows to fully retract due to the wheel arch and that is not a "built in safety feature" to stop the kids or dog from falling out..V(

IF you must have windows open for ventilation the best thing to do is to have the glass at least 3/4 up or fully down so any collision between ones head will be over a larger surface area.

IF you are still doubtful about any of the above just sit in the car and belt up and replicate what will happen in the event of a severe side impact collision and you will find that a 3 point belt is not effective in preventing your body being flung sideways.:eek:

I know that we are all great drivers and never crash BUT I say "plan for the worst and hope for the best?

Last edited: