cvt problem or is it

ozankoy

Car
mitsub cedia 1.5 au
hi i have a lancer 1.5 2001 gdx this comes with a cvt auto box is it possible that vibration at about 80kph could be caused by the box the vibration is through the bod of the car not the steering wheel it only starts when i hit 80 and accelerate if i lift off or coast it stops just a little bit of gas and vibration is back i can coast down hill at 100 no problem also do get some vibration turning left at slower speeds none at all turning right at slower speeds any ideas thanks all ps could the cvt oil cause this problem ie need changing 60000k oil not changed yet

hi thanks reply have had all wheels balanced the people who did job put tyre on machile spun added weights the took tyre off is that the correct way to do it i remember a few years ago that after the weights added the wheel was spun again is this the correct way thanks again

It depends on the machine, most machine give live readings as the tyre is manually moved so the operative can see if the weight is in the right place. It is not unknown for a balanced wheel to start wobbling, a scrape on a kerb that moves or removes the weight or the fitter was having a bad day all happen.

hi thanks do you think cvt oil that needs to be changed can cause vibration at speed or would you say not possible at all