Corner cutting madness

wizzer

Road Burner
Car
VW Golf 2.0 TDi
Today i've twice had to put up with people cutting a corner across the junction I'm exiting and having to do an emergency stop.

Why do people cut corners? It is so dangerous!

What other things wind you up about other drivers?

It's not just you, they do it to me as well.

I get wound up with drivers who pull out of junctions so you have to brake and then they drive slowly, but speed up just enough to stop you from overtaking them on long straights.

I'm with you Obi San|B

Over here some of our highways are single lane with overtaking sections every so often and the driver? in front will be tootling along without a care in the world at say 10 kph under the limit with a conga line of frustrated motorists behind and then speeds up to the posted limit in the overtaking section forcing those who want/need to get past to exceed the limit only to slow down again when it returns to a single lane again.:rolleyes: :mad:

Yes you are allowed/entitled to drive way below the limit BUT not if you are holding up others.

PS I place the ? after "driver" as I consider them to be only motorists who regard driving as a chore and not a skill.

I will cut the occasional corner, but only when I've fully seen that there's nobody there that will be impeded by my progress. Sadly most people just don't care and/or aren't aware. Story of the roads sadly. I could go on for paragraphs of things that wind me up on the road but I'll stick to the subject for the time being :D

I've just waited for a driver to pass a line of parked cars where theoretically the right of way is mine. A wave of acknowledgment would be courteous but courtesy like that is becoming rarer. The concept of right of way is unknown to most drivers.

One of my serious pet hates this, even had to retrain Her Indoors as she use to do this.
First time she done it with me in the passenger seat she regretted it instantly, an Os style question was imminent "So we are driving continental style now then, what the bloody hell are we doing over here?" :lol:

I will cut the occasional corner, but only when I've fully seen that there's nobody there that will be impeded by my progress. Sadly most people just don't care and/or aren't aware. Story of the roads sadly. I could go on for paragraphs of things that wind me up on the road but I'll stick to the subject for the time being :D
Please do. This could be therapy - get those gripes out in the open so you can get closure.

One of my serious pet hates this, even had to retrain Her Indoors as she use to do this.
First time she done it with me in the passenger seat she regretted it instantly, an Os style question was imminent "So we are driving continental style now then, what the bloody hell are we doing over here?" :lol:
You said that and are still alive :eek:

I have a scary presence on occasion apparently, but I am still a soft touch when it comes to my good lady ;)

I get lot of customer claims where someone has cut a corner. It's bloody annoying! And of course the corner cutter, in the event of a crash, claims the other driver pulled out on them. Hard to tell what happened without witnesses..... Get a dashcam! Everyone get one!