Considering a 1989 405 Mi16, any suggestions

B

BostonBenz

I'm new here, just joined five-minutes ago. I'm in the US (new England) and am considering buying a 1989 405 Mi16. I don't know the exact mileage yet, but it's under 100,000. Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of a thread that tells the pitfalls/weak points of a 1989 405? Or even those of a '89 Mi16??? Thanks.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

I'm new here, just joined five-minutes ago. I'm in the US (new England) and am considering buying a 1989 405 Mi16. I don't know the exact mileage yet, but it's under 100,000. Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of a thread that tells the pitfalls/weak points of a 1989 405? Or even those of a '89 Mi16??? Thanks.

Weak point is the power steering hose line that not supposed to clamped to the engine, should be clamped to the firewall and heat protected. This will keep the hose not vibrating that mostly causing the oil leaks and flammable.

When they first came out were credited as being the best handling FWD car by many motoring writers.

Greetings HaGe1976 and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)