company called xado???

Not heard of that one before Andy, but send oilman a PM and see what he thinks about some new gearbox oil as he might have a good recommendation to try first.

Good luck buddy.

I'd give it a miss. Their treatments are based upon technology that was abandoned by 'proper' oil companies in the 1960s because they were incompatible with some materials used THEN !! I am very wary of all oil additives, whether for engine or transmission.

If you must try an additive then Forte's stuff is less likely to do damage but the jury's out on whether it'll do any good in the long term.

I'd just heck the oil level firstly and top up if it's low - though if it is there must be a leak somwhere. If it's not low then get the gearbox oil replaced with decent synthetic stuff.

cheers was going to change the oil along with that stuff but il just get some good gearbox oil instead

I can highly recommend REDLINE LIGHTWEIGHT SHOCPPROOF oil after my experience with a RX7 series 5 Turbo Gearbox that is behind my 329 HP ATW Starion.
It was very notchy not crunchy and baulked when shifting at high revs so I replaced the oil with Penrite and Nulon additive and went for my 100 k bi weekly drive and zero improvement so contacted FUCHS who kindly supplied 10 litres of their best and same result so contacted a local gearbox guru who said to change to Castrol auto trans oil and same result so I contacted the g/box importer who was quite willing to exchange it and was lurking on a Nissan site and stumbled on a thread that was about gearbox problems and RL LW SP was being named as the fix so in desperation try I changed the oil and went on my drive and within 5 k I noticed a difference and the further I drove the better the shift became and 2 years later the box is still in place.
The oil is not cheap but IT WORKS.

HB do not buy from Bursons @$153.00 for 1 gallon or from Redline Australia .I bought it on line for app $100.00 and can buy it locally for the same price.

Thanks T.C, I'll give Repco and Autobahn a go first then try elsewhere online, least now I know what not to pay for it, cheers.

just spoke to tim at opie oils and he did recommend the redline lightweight shockproof. Along with a few other oils as long as its 75w-90 i should be fine.
he also said it could just be the case that the old oil is just worn and needs to be replaced

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back