Civic Type R tweak

Mix

Car
Honda Type R EP3 20
Howdy, new to this website and looking for a bit of guidance.
I've got a Type R EP3 2006 and was looking on making any relatively cheap and easy upgrades. I have sourced an induction kit from Ramair but not yet bought one. I have heard that the air box on the Type R is already so good that replacing it with a cone filter is a waste of time.
does anyone have any experience on this matter?
Thanks for anyones feed back and if anyone knows of any additional tweaks I could carry out I'd be very interested.

Hi and welcome:)

I have only had my "new" 2011 FN2R for a few weeks now and loving it .<B

Clarkson loved the EP3 on Top Gear so you may want to see it if you already haven't.

As a general rule replacing the factory air box that gets a cold air/ambient supply with a pod filter in the engine bay that can only get hot air is not a good move.

If funds allow I would advise you to upgrade the front brakes to 4 piston calipers with larger diameter discs and quality pads plus better tyres and a wheel alignment with settings from a motorsport type workshop.

As I am unaware of your driving history please don't take the following advise the wrong way.

If you haven't had any further training or instruction since you obtained a license then a track day or 3 with a qualified instructor will bring you up to speed and put a :) on your face.

PS I am booked for one on the 7th so I practice what I preach ;)

Clarkson loved the EP3 on Top Gear so you may want to see it if you already haven't.

As a general rule replacing the factory air box that gets a cold air/ambient supply with a pod filter in the engine bay that can only get hot air is not a good move.

If funds allow I would advise you to upgrade the front brakes to 4 piston calipers with larger diameter discs and quality pads plus better tyres and a wheel alignment with settings from a motorsport type workshop.

As I am unaware of your driving history please don't take the following advise the wrong way.

If you haven't had any further training or instruction since you obtained a license then a track day or 3 with a qualified instructor will bring you up to speed and put a :) on your face.

thanks for the feedback but if i happen to wrap it i'm gonna struggle getting t work!!
cheers anyway

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply.

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back