civic b16a2 keep blowin fuse's HELP

revans117

Tuner
Car
civic 1.6 vtec vti
hi all i got a civic 1994 hatch back b16a2 and i keep blowin the 15amp fuse which is for the ecu and fuel pump but i have changed the ecu and fuel pump and it still blows the fuse but i have noticed that it is when i brake hard to stop it blows and the abs light is on so thought it may be to do with the abs so i took out the abs 50amp fuse and tryed it again but it dont blow the fuse the batt light comes on and the car dies so i am confused. com and am wondering if any one can help me please

Is there something specific that causes the fuse to blow? What current is the ECU and fuel pump actually pulling? It sounds like it is shorting out somewhere under certain conditions.

It sounds daft but take out the brake bulbs and test this but not on a public road obviously?

Is there a bare wire somewhere making contact with earth when you brake hard?

Is there something specific that causes the fuse to blow? What current is the ECU and fuel pump actually pulling? It sounds like it is shorting out somewhere under certain conditions.

It sounds daft but take out the brake bulbs and test this but not on a public road obviously?

Is there a bare wire somewhere making contact with earth when you brake hard?

well my abs light is on so i dont no if it has somethin to do with that since it when i brake hard which is when the abs is ment to kick in it blows the fuse for the ecu but i would of thought it would of blown the fuse for the abs not the ecu. and i dont no what the ecu and fuel pump is actually pulling gonna find that out tomorrow. thats what i recon that it is shorting out some where but i have no idea where it would be. and thanks for us ideas i will try them out tomorrow

I agree Waynne, Sounds like whatever actuates the abs mechanism when you brake hard, isn't working & is blowing the fuse. Have you had a diagnostic check done?

Last edited:
Could be a dodgy wire somewhere.
Totally agree, probably a broken core in the wire somewhere and when you brake hard its putting load on and breaking down so blowing the fuse. It wont matter how big a fuse you put in as its a cable issue. Just a guess