civic 1.5

Hey and welcome

1st of all what colour is the smoke ? this can give a lot of whats going on.

is it a vtec?
have you done anything to it that ay have caused it, right from when you bought it, Decat cheapo chip of ebay etc?

blue smoke is bad news. normally means oils leaking into the cylinders
at a guess valve seals may be the problem when its on vtec the valves are being held open for longer.
somebody else might have a cheap solution, other than to replace them.

i do know that you can get seal restorer that you mix in with the oil

thanks mate thought it was the seals only just bought it aswell do u no if u can replace the 1.5 vtec head with a 1.6 vtec head?

thats excactly whats wrong sorry to hear that mate.ask prince about what you said about the head straight away,,[ha ha because he will take about a year to get back to you ha ha ,,,no offense prince,,,just slagging] but he will know more about it than me...

all i can tell you is that if you can pick up a 1.6 vtec sohc [i presume thats what you have 1.5 sohc vtec?????]it will fit straight in to your car without having to worry about gearbox,wiring loom,etc,etc..ive done this before with my civic coupe...same thing happened me man,,,i just bought it and the thing was like a chimney.....

in a way im glad you got caught, [not in a bad way] because you will never buy a car again without checking it...im going to post about how to check a car out now so best of luck with your car and have a read of it...it will teach you for the next time...

let me know how your getting on,hope to see you back on the road soon,,,because i really love hondas

Last edited by a moderator:
thinking prince might be on holiday not heard from him a while

I've had a lot on my plate recently, been staying away from home a lot and haven't had easy access to a computer...should be back regular next week. In this time though I've booked my car in for supsension, rims and front and rear light conversions. Also made it to Trax and have some pictures to share as soon as I get home.

I've had a lot on my plate recently, been staying away from home a lot and haven't had easy access to a computer...should be back regular next week. In this time though I've booked my car in for supsension, rims and front and rear light conversions. Also made it to Trax and have some pictures to share as soon as I get home.
well first let me say,i hope what ever it is thats on your plate will sort its self out,and hope to have you back soon..as for the pics,cant wait to see them...best of luck mate:)

Cheers guys...it wasn't anything serious...just haven't been at home for a few weeks. Been staying with a mate. I'll be home early next week so I'll post some pics from Trax then and tell you all about it!