Charade S2 project starting out

Sutto

Car
Daihatsu Charade F2
Hi I’m Sutto,

I own a Charade F2 and have owned two other charades before it, a Charade G202 1.0L with 1.3L conversion, and a G200 1.3L I have been playing with charades for a while now and have enjoyed it a lot! :cheesy:.

My next modification to this 1.5L little Gun will be to put a turbo kit on it, I will be manufacturing (when money is a little more steady) a few Top mount manifolds so I don't have to remove the air con, and I will be using a T28 turbo and a Nissan GTiR top mounted intercooler with a modified Detomaso bonnet with a GtiR hood scoop. As this is my first time turboing a N/A engine all advice and information is welcomed, however criticism is not.

Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've moved this into a new thread for you.

We get asked this question a lot so have a look at this thread which covers the basics. I have to admire your ambition though!:D And I hope you pull it off.
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f101/adding-turbo-nasp-engine-15003/

Cheap turbos can be purchased from breakers yards which are ideal for a try it and see type project.:bigsmile:

Please note that I don't usually think it is worth the effort in adding a turbo to an old car with a small capacity engine. But it's more about fun and satisfaction that whether something is economical. What about doing an engine swap with a GTTi - the engine is ready sorted and ready to go?

There is nothing stopping you but the money and hassle will just not be worth the power gain you get. It is better to just buy a better car for your tuning project.:confused:

Adding a turbo is a major engineering task and without a kit with full instructions and all the parts you need there is a big risk of blowing up the engine. Expect to spend 50 hours upwards on a project of this type.

This is not the sort of modification you should undertake unless you are mechanically competent and know what you are doing.
It is worth looking at superchargers as these are generally much easier to install than a turbo is.