Changing alloy wheels on mk1 hatch

AaronB90

Car
Megane Mk1 1.9dci
Ive just found out the wheel hubs on my mk1 Megane hatch are different on the back to the front so how the heck do I replace the stock alloys? The after-market set I had fit on the front and not the back.... Im seriously starting to hate this lame car its impossible to mod in even the slightest way.

Last edited:
What? Are you saying different pcd's for front and rear fittings? If so that's not right as they should be the same on all four corners. Can't think of any other reason for it unless someone has swapped the hubs from another car but I would have thought the manufacturer would have a generic set-up across most of the range if 4 and 5 hole fixings etc. Even if needing spigot rings each corner would need the same one.

Dunno why they fit on the back not the front, mechanic told me if they fit on the front they will go on the back but not always vice versa. Bunch of crap i hate my car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because the wrong wheels were fitted is down to the previous owner and not the manufacturer. As stamford has said, they should be the same all round. Stick with it as the car will reward you soon enough! Frustrating now I know but it will be worth the effort ;)

if the PCD and bore are different then they wont fit, but i cant see any reason for them to be different, when you say they wont fit why ? stud pattern ? width? bore?

your mechanics meaning on some manufactures where they fit wider wheels on the rear and the extra width can mean there is clearance issues if you try fitting them on the front

If the pcd is different then I would be getting suspicious.
Has the car ever been in an accident?
IIRC the pcd, bore and offset are all equal on these on all 4 corners.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back