Caution about a trucks blind spots

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Just found this so treat it as a heads up guys!

"NONE OF THE MOTORCYCLES IN THIS PICTURE CAN BE SEEN IN THE TRUCKER'S MIRROR'S OR OTHER BLIND SPOTS"

It's a shame the photographer has chosen to use bikes to make this point. I rate bikers as being amongst the most highly aware and perceptive road users of all. With truck drivers a very close and deserved second.

I am saw a video awhile back filmed from the drivers seat of a lorry looking through his mirrors and it all looks clear. Then he gets out of the cab walks to the front and there is a cyclist there then he walks to the ns of the lorry. And irc there are 5 cyclists it's a good video highlighting the drivers blind spots

I am saw a video awhile back filmed from the drivers seat of a lorry looking through his mirrors and it all looks clear. Then he gets out of the cab walks to the front and there is a cyclist there then he walks to the ns of the lorry. And irc there are 5 cyclists it's a good video highlighting the drivers blind spots

Pedal cyclists are a rule unto themselves and they are the antithesis (antitheses, plural of antithesis?? help me here, please) of motorcyclists when it comes to self preservation.

Pedal cyclists are a rule unto themselves and they are the antithesis (antitheses, plural of antithesis?? help me here, please) of motorcyclists when it comes to self preservation.

Per Webster: |B

antithesis |anˈtiTHəsis| noun (pl. antitheses |-ˌsēz| ) a person or thing that is the direct opposite of someone or something else: love is the antithesis of selfishness.• a contrast or opposition between two things: the antithesis between occult and rational mentalities.• a figure of speech in which an opposition or contrast of ideas is expressed by parallelism of words that are the opposites of, or strongly contrasted with, each other, such as “hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins”: his sermons were full of startling antitheses.• (in Hegelian philosophy) the negation of the thesis as the second stage in the process of dialectical reasoning. Compare with synthesis.ORIGIN late Middle English (originally denoting the substitution of one grammatical case for another): from late Latin, from Greek antitithenai ‘set against,’ from anti ‘against’ + tithenai ‘to place.’ The earliest current sense, denoting a rhetorical or literary device, dates from the early 16th cent.

I love cycling. I hate cycling on the road though. Everyone treats you like dirt and shows no respect. I treat the road the same as if I were in a car. I stop at traffic lights, stop signs etc but ALOT do not. I personally (ironically enough) cannot stand cyclists!

I know a few motorcyclists, including my little brother and I will agree with HDi about bikers very careful and aware road users.

We can only speak as we find. I will say this though, when I have met a bad HGV driver they are hideously bad. Not overly fond of coach drivers either tbh.