Cars that have charmed you.

Yugguy

Torque King
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
Looking at all the various threads about cars and we discuss quality and handling and power and equipment, but what about those cars that just have something indefinable about them that makes you love them.

I've only ever had two that really made me smile to think I owned them, my Alfa 156 V6 and my Cliosport 172. I've had other good, capable cars but these two had something else, personality, soul whatever.

Anyone else had cars like this?

I think so. But I think it depends on how YOU see your car. Is your car just a means of getting from A-B? Would you let anyone driver her, if no, why not? Is it because your a tight arse git with trust issues, or is it beacue you don't want your baby getting hurt by somone els. How often do you wash your car, what the reason? Do you wash your car to show the tits next door who have a slightly newer car, that your's is in better knick, or is it beacuse you want to uphold the value or is it because you want to look after your car. There are 100's of questions like this you have to ask yourself before answering your question.

I am not charmed to that many cars that I see on Telly. I was charmed to my first ever car (like so many petrol heads would be) even tho she was a rust bucket ford with a busted turbo and more anti rust paint, than normal paint. She had a personality. My mazda was a cow. She didn't charm me at all, she was a devorce wating to happen.

And my baby Evo-lin :love: Im not going to boar you with the details of why im in love with my Evo. It makes no sence me having her tho. I dont race, I dont show, I dont tour and I dont drift. So why have a Evo. Only after you fall in love with one can you answer that. Words cant explain why we love our cars, and feel charmed towards them.

Ive had a few cars which seemed so much better than they actually were (thats how I would define special)
The main one was a cxitroen safari 23 Pallas .
Driving it was simply unique nothing has ever come close , better yes close no.
It was like driving an armchair which didnt seem to move up and down.
Plus if you were bored you could always take a wheel off and drive up and down the high street on three .
PS forgot to add that it looked like something from another planet which of course helped immensley especially if you were on 3 wheels

Last edited:
Sounds cool.

I know what you mean about a car feeling better than it was. My Alfa 156 v6 did have a good engine, good design and a nice inside but it rattled and the handling was pants. But I didn't care cos it felt good to be inside it.

I suppose there are a couple of cars that I have owned that I found special for different reasons. One was my HSX Chevette for sheer fun and exclusivity. Others being an Audi 200 turbo for comfort and performance, V6 Omega Tourer for comfort, performance and ability to swallow armchairs! That was the best family car I have ever owned and a joy to drive. Current one that is special is my MG ZS which the longest I have ever owned a car, so that in itself is special and in its 7th year.

For me it was a Rover P5 B Coupe 1973 I think! Just looking at the exterior lines and the internal leather trim, not forgetting the oh so powerful (at the time) 3.5 litre V8 engine! It was love at first sight :love:

Right now I would say my current car. A BMW E36 Coupe. I used to look at them when I was little and think 'one day'. It feels good to drive and women love it (despite it's age and smaller engine). It also feels nice to just to sit in, where as my Civic didn't, because that was when you noticed the cheap grey dash.

For me it was a Rover P5 B Coupe 1973 I think! Just looking at the exterior lines and the internal leather trim, not forgetting the oh so powerful (at the time) 3.5 litre V8 engine! It was love at first sight :love:

My Dad's got one of them except it's now a 4.2. :amuse:

I took a liking to a 2004 model Nissan Micra. 1.5dCi with just 82 bhp. Performance was strong enough and more for a small car. The handling was go-kart like and the brakes superb.

Would I buy one? No. But there are so many drivers of this model who will never really appreciate its surprising dynamics.

For the small car it is it's a charmer.

I had a MK1 Audi A3 1.8T and loved it. It felt so solid, performed well and was rock solidly reliable. It was also purple which made us stand out a bit but it was a great little car.

A number of years ago I was working at Eastern Creek Raceway on a Continental tyre launch and Allan Moffat (a champion driver ) was there to take the dealers on hot laps and I fell in love with the orgasmic sound of the NA V8 as he hammered it around the track<B|B

Owned a Audi 80 Sport many years ago, not fast but a great drivers car. I should have kept it longer. I love one of my present cars a Mercedes SLK230 , again not fast but perfect for an aging gent that likes class & wind in his hair.

I saw an Audi 80 cornering really hard on just 3 wheels many many years ago and I've always had a soft spot for them ever since! Strange isn't it.