Car's Data

georges

Tuner
Car
GOLF GTI MK4 1.8T
Hi All,

Is there an easy way to find out the car's Data (spec)?

The reason I am asking, is that I bought this golf 2 years ago from a lady. Fantastic car. This is a T reg. It has full recaro sport seats, heated front seats, wood effect, climate control (not bad for that year), cup holders front and back, arm rest in the back (haven't seen this on any model) and electric sunroof. Maybe nothing unusual here, the official rated top speed for this model is 134 MPH. But my Car is 160 MPH and I believe it is 150 BHP. It is not capped cause I reached 140 (for few seconds as the seat got wet :embarrest:). It will still go (it is pulling like mad and you can feel it). It is not modified in any way.

How can I find the real spec for this particular car? I know nothing special, but just curious.

Do you think the speedo is out? 160 mph would indicate to me that the car has been remapped.

If you get a set of VAGCOM leads/software I beleive this will tell you what the power output of the engine is. What engine code is (AGU etc....) You might find it is a 180bhp version.

the easiest way is looking for the engine code its located under the top cover in the bottom left hand corner

top speed foy your car should be around 140ish. the speed is goererned on these. mines is 142 ( not had it that high but still pulls at 120 ). remapping gets rid of it.

top speed foy your car should be around 140ish. the speed is goererned on these. mines is 142 ( not had it that high but still pulls at 120 ). remapping gets rid of it.

Hmmm... I am thinking of remapping to stage 1, but not sure if I need to change other parts? (The more I read the more I get confused :D ). I just want it around 200 BHP.

for 200bhp. with stage 1 map, youd also need good intake kit full stainless prob including de/sports-cat. uprated divertervalve, standards slipt easily.
N75 valve from the s3 tt etc, Varient J over the standard (ether C of F i think ) is supposed to give som e more power as it holds the wastegate closed for longer. However there seems t be mixed reviews on these some say they are better (claimed 10 - 30 bhp), some no different and some seem to put the car into limp mode due to the extra boost
turbo intake pipe on the older 150bhp versions is also restrivtive. max power for the K03 is around the 200 mark otherwise they may overspeed and self destruct

another idea might to be on the look out for a K03s turbo, fitted to the later golf anni and post 2003 varients (180bhp), these should be direct replacement - internals are slightly different one wheel is 5mm bigger than the other. its more a cross between the K03 and the K04 Overspeed in these is claimed at 220bhp

Or thats your next option fit the K04 turbo but it does infolve a lot of work.
youve said you used Awesome. i think they for a service where they take the K03 housing and bore out to accept the K04 internals

your right though there is a lot of confusion going around when i was reading up on the N75 valve it was someone claiming the 30bhp and other saying yeah makes a huge improvment. yet all it does is allows a little extra boost maybe 1 or 2 psi before it starts to open the waste gate up

just had a quick look for you mate and most tuners are claiming an increase of 40 hp and 70 torque just from a map so 190 is quite close to the 200 your aiming for and for around the £300 mark id say thats the cheapest way ;)

just had a quick look for you mate and most tuners are claiming an increase of 40 hp and 70 torque just from a map so 190 is quite close to the 200 your aiming for and for around the £300 mark id say thats the cheapest way ;)

that is right. But is it really all I need? won't other parts be affected by this power increase? I mean will the standard parts cope with this extra bhp?

that is right. But is it really all I need? won't other parts be affected by this power increase? I mean will the standard parts cope with this extra bhp?

when i had my stage 1 map it was advised to upgraded the dv that was all but your engine might be different best bet ring a couple of tuning companys mate

other than the diverter valve bursting,made with thin rubber that splits easy, the standard engine can stand around 350bhp.
i think all the 1.8t, with the exception off the 225 and 240bhp varients, share the same block, differences are turbo and maps.
your and my engines are pretty much identical with the exception of the turbo K03s against K03 and the map mines runs 10psi standard and yours will run 7. once mapped most run roughly the same around 18

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back