car taxing problem

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
i realised my tax run out the other day and i havent received my v5 or a notification for retaxing. so i contacted the seller to check he sent it of and he said he had. so i dug through the paperwork and found the new keeper bit of the v5 filled it out and i thought i would just tax it the old way at the post office. but then i read the back of it and it says you can only use this once which is bad for me cause it already has a post office stamp on it:(
so i tried the online taxing and cause im not the registered keeper i cant do it that way so im stumped atm:(
is there a way round this for me or will i have to reply for another v5 and wait for that to come through before i can tax the car???
any help or suggestions to this problem will be much appreciated!!!

Call the DVLA at Swansea , they must get this loads. It sounds like the former keeper didn't inform them of the sale. How recent was this?

Call the DVLA at Swansea , they must get this loads. It sounds like the former keeper didn't inform them of the sale. How recent was this?

ill ring the dvla tomorrow if there open moday if not to see what they can do for me.
i bought the car in january i know i should have realised i didnt get the v5 but it completely slipped my mind:embarrest:
im just lucky that a mate pointed out to me i had no tax cause i would have been still driving it around now without realising:embarrest:

Hitler's regime lives on through DVLA and Swansea.

They are Nazi's. After they lose your documents they then say its your responcibility to contact them if you don't recieve it in 6 weeks! 6 WEEKS!!! I have slept and ait multiple times in that length of time. I can't even remember to let the dog out at night, so how on earth do you think I'm going to remember about that!

You have to send your green slip away on a V5C and wait up to 6 week for one back. If you lose the green slip it costs £21. Or... If you know somone in the post office (which too, is a sub colture from Hitler, think of it as the SS branch) ask them nicley to beep it through.

I have owned 5 cars. 4 of which, they have lost my V5, so I no this part of motering very well :blink1:

I couldn't agree more about the dvla Joe!
Anyway all sorted now I had to go to the dvla office in brum stand in line for 2hrs:-(
Luckily I was working in brum and was able to use the works van:)

Good news herb, glad you don't have to start looking over your shoulders for the boys in blue ;)

I couldn't agree more about the dvla Joe!
Anyway all sorted now I had to go to the dvla office in brum stand in line for 2hrs:-(
Luckily I was working in brum and was able to use the works van:)

Thats lucky. Someone must have been in a good mood. I once did the same thing, stood in line in Bangor for about 2 hours, (becaue I was visiting family and left my V5 up north and my tax was due) to be told.......No, go and get your V5.

Happy days. Glad you got it sorted.

So what was the procedure Herb? Can this be done through the post or on the phone at all?

I was told the only way to tax the car (cause I needed it ASAP and the green slip had been used before) was to fill out a v62 & v10 and to take them to the local dvla with the mot & insurance certificate