Car parking space dillema.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Went shopping the other day. There was a car park with 2 free spaces out of the 2000 spaces - it took us about 10 minutes of driving round to find the space!:mad:

Do you find that if you have too many spaces to choose from you keep changing your mind? Which is better just a couple of spaces or a good choice of spaces dotted around?

Parking in carparks is something I think too much about. I always try and reverse park by cars which have also reverse parked to prevent the sideswipe dents you get. Then you see someone who parks right on the outer edges of a car park and takes up 2 spaces (usually a BMW or Mercedes!)

Driving around for 10 mins to find 2 spaces is better than driving round for 10 mins to find no spaces! Personally I prefer to park in spaces that have free spaces around them. I suppose it depends on what car you drive...if I drove a old banger I wouldn't care about parking. I also refuse to park under a tree...I don't like the look of bird **** on my car! lol.

P.s. I think BMW and Mercedes drivers piss everybody off!!

not really a problem for us as theres less congestion on the roads up here
but i allway like to reverse into a space as it does mean getting outs a lot easier as well as you can see the ar**holes ones who will try and squeeze by no matter how far out of the space you are

yeah there used to be an old camero around here great big purple thing. it took up 2 spaces without even trying

No Worries mate, you didn't mean any harm - I was just trying to protect you from the rude and arrogent BMW drivers who might have a go at you (Gulp now I'm at it! What I meant was um ..... the minority of rude arrogent.... oh well as they say when you are in a hole stop digging.)

what you mean all the jump up reps that are driving around in their series :lol::lol:

i here australia is nice this time of the year keep digging and your sure to get there shortly

I have no problem with mercs or Bmw's. both put together good cars, although it's questionable whether the quality difference between them and other makes is that wide anymore.

What has got worse is the attitude of the drivers of the marques. If anyone uses two spaces to park one (small 3 series) size car then it will be a 3 series. Invariably driven by a female. this is not me being sexist, it's just down to what I've observed. Maybe they're trying to make up for the fact that a BM is not so exclusive anymore.

If I see a badly parked BMW or Merc I notice it. And what do I think? Oh, what a nice car? No - I think, what a talentless driver.....

bmw 3 series is the most bought brand new car noadays so its not got the exclusiveness attached to it

your right ave driven a few of both now and the cars are nice to drive but its the drivers themselves that cause the problems

where ive noticed it most is at our local hospital where the wife works on my days off i take her in and go back for her normally earlier so i can have a wander round the town see whats happining

it amount of BMW and mercs that are parked over 2 spaces is unbelivable concidering how busy the car park is at the best of time