car just stops

livstar

Car
1976 vw beetle
sometimes not always when im driving and have to slam on the brakes cause the dumbass infront of me doesnt know the meaning of slowing down before stopping my car will turn off, it fires right back up but when i slam on the brakes sometimes it dies. any idea why?

Er, without meaning to say that you are daft you could be stalling it when you brake hard by letting the revs drop too much without putting the clutch down? I'm guessing it's a manual gearbox.

Have a look at this:

http://forums.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-forums.showdiscussion/thread_id-35014/898138ab.html

Problem was found to be the idle valve, but there are other suggestions.

Or:

One way the car stalls is if there is a leak in the brake booster, either by a blockage of the vacuum hose or a cracked, ruptured or leaking diaphragm. Another is the master cylinder leaking brake fluid, either internally or externally from the cylinder boot. Stalling can also happen if there is a brake line obstruction, either by a chunk of rust or a pinched brake line. Air in the brake fluid from a hole in the system can prevent proper pressure to the brakes. The car may also stall due to a vacuum leak in the anti-lock brakes system.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back