Car headlights - are you happy

Mine are CRAP. I had a Xenon lamp go pink on me a while ago, and then die... and Audi wanted £180 per lamb, plus 3 hours labour to fit (its a bumper off job) ... plus VAT and I begrudge paying £750 for a blown bulb - so I bought two cheap lamps off eBay and fitted them myself. It's like driving around with two candles up front. Now its getting darker earlier I really need to do something about it.

What about these nightbreaker lamps I keep hearing about Rob? The only negative I hear about them is reference to their lifespan - between 3-5 years. But the performance appears to have a wow factor involved. As for fitting them, what about the Halfords deal? You can enjoy a bacon sandwich and a coffee while they do all the work for a relatively peanuts fee |B

What about these nightbreaker lamps I keep hearing about Rob? The only negative I hear about them is reference to their lifespan - between 3-5 years. But the performance appears to have a wow factor involved. As for fitting them, what about the Halfords deal? You can enjoy a bacon sandwich and a coffee while they do all the work for a relatively peanuts fee |B

I've heard of Night-breaker Halogens... do they do Xenon's too?

Can't say I imagine Halfords would even attempt the work, and if they did... don't really fancy them pulling the bumper off the RS in the middle of a car park to be honest.

They have been know to accept such jobs then soon realise what they let themselves in for! No doubt they have a list of cars to avoid at all costs when it comes to lamp replacement! Besides would you trust them to do that to your Audi?

They have been know to accept such jobs then soon realise what they let themselves in for! No doubt they have a list of cars to avoid at all costs when it comes to lamp replacement! Besides would you trust them to do that to your Audi?

You have a point there Mick, but it certainly would not hurt to ask the question. On many occasion a SAAB dealership built up a lot of their jobs to justify the very silly price tag they asked for to do the job. But once I discovered the wonder boys from Waltham Cross I found out just how much I was being mugged for and with no good reason than to empty my wallet :(

I have been approached by one of the sponsors of another forum to trial some new projector headlights for the RS6 C5 & 6, they come with projector dips as standard but these will have the lenses replaced with a clear etched type and also adding a second projector to the housing to provide a sharper cut off and make all the lamps the same colour, will also upgrade the fog lights to hid so that everything is the same, an extra is to have the RS logo etched into the lenses, have got a few photo's of another car that has been converted which are on here:-
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=112581
your comments are as ever welcomed

I have been approached by one of the sponsors of another forum to trial some new projector headlights for the RS6 C5 & 6, they come with projector dips as standard but these will have the lenses replaced with a clear etched type and also adding a second projector to the housing to provide a sharper cut off and make all the lamps the same colour, will also upgrade the fog lights to hid so that everything is the same, an extra is to have the RS logo etched into the lenses, have got a few photo's of another car that has been converted which are on here:-
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=112581
your comments are as ever welcomed

This looks very cool. Do they sell the whole thing is a complete enclosure or is it a butcher your own job?

The guy builds them from your exiting housings, then you choose the options you want, Always thought my lights were good....until I saw these!, If you are interested his company is called EM Tuning and he's based in Coventry.

All of the above is mostly outside my experience BUT when I was ralling in the 70's I loved my Super Oscars