Car features you'd like but are just scifi at the moment

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which features would you like to have in your car, particularly thinking about tech and science innovations that could happen over the next 10 years.

I'd quite like a car that comes to me when I press a button on the keyfob, I can just park it out of town or in a large carpark, press the button and have the car come and meet me.

A speech controlled computer that is connected to the internet would be great, similar to siri but a lot more complex and powerful, it could save time as I could work and keep in touch with people whilst driving.

What about self driving cars? For long journeys or boring town commutes it would be nice to relax and let the car take care of things for me.

I also dream of a flying car, this would be so cool and much faster to get around than in a conventional car.

What about self driving cars? For long journeys or boring town commutes it would be nice to relax and let the car take care of things for me
Already a thing and already a massive headache for insurers and solicitors (though generally the driver is still considered to be in control of the vehicle so is liable for any accidents caused by the "autonomous vehicle").

demoman.jpg

The safety foam from Demolition Man :)

Already a thing and already a massive headache for insurers and solicitors (though generally the driver is still considered to be in control of the vehicle so is liable for any accidents caused by the "autonomous vehicle").

A self driving Tesla just took out it's occupant relatively recently in the US. The car did not register the side of a huge white truck (mistaking it for clear sky etc) and proceeded to drive straight into it killing it's occupant. There are a few things about it I've seen and the ones about at the moment require the driver to touch the steering wheel every couple of minutes or less which seems a bit pointless to me in the "driverless" stakes.
Anyway I'd like some form of EMP/large hand device to be able to remove idiots from the road as there are just far too many circulating in my opinion. Bit of a killjoy there, sorry. :lol: