Can I fit a turbo to an ST220?

Yes and it will mostly need a standalone ecu, piggyback or at the very least some clever mapping (rescaling afm/maf etc etc). It will be very expensive to do properly and reliably.

you can fit a turbo to anything but that doesnt mean you should

Apart from fitting the turbo (a serious job in itself) y0u will need a comletely new map almost certainly with a different ecu
but thats not the end of it....................

for example ST220s have quite a high compression ration , over 10.1 , this is high for a turbo engine so you may need pistons for a start

and that will probaly not be the end of it

so yes , yes and lots

Also get the car serviced and overhauled properly too. A V6 Mondeo should feel pretty lively in standard form when working correctly. You may not need the custom exhaust after all.

OK, they're not fast as such but it should be responsive and 'sweet'. They're good cars overall and great fun to use on a daily basis.

Welcome to Torque Cars mate.

Cost you a lot:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mond...ossner-Forged-Pistons-K9275D100-/310563018617

That's just for the pistons.

Couple of grand for a decent supercharger too plus all the bits.

500 to a 1000 for a decent exhaust to get the extra air back out.

new intake system maybe?

then the remap, a grand say for a proper bespoke mapping.

Also you will definitely need a new clutch, the standard ST220 one which can be a weak point in an otherwise superb car wouldn't be able to handle the torque. 1500 for a good quality uprated one.

6 or 7 grand really I reckon.

Cost you a lot:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mond...ossner-Forged-Pistons-K9275D100-/310563018617

Couple of grand for a decent supercharger too plus all the bits.

new intake system maybe?

Also you will definitely need a new clutch, the standard ST220 one which can be a weak point in an otherwise superb car wouldn't be able to handle the torque. 1500 for a good quality uprated one.

He asked about fitting a turbo rather than a s/c

He asked about fitting a turbo rather than a s/c

You're right. Hang on... How's this?

Cost you a lot:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Monde...-/310563018617

Couple of grand for a decent TURBOcharger too plus all the bits.

new intake system maybe?

:p:p:p

I know it's late to reply, but it can be done and still no one has done it yet, I'm not a mechanic but I'm determined to do it myself, a project is starting next month with a 06 ST220 which will be in stages over a few winters

I know it's late to reply, but it can be done and still no one has done it yet, I'm not a mechanic but I'm determined to do it myself, a project is starting next month with a 06 ST220 which will be in stages over a few winters

Wrench kid,

I had a Mondy ST220 but it broke Buying a new one soon though however, would love to keep up to date with your project on your ST, are you gonna be posting updates? Would be interested to see if I could turbo charge mine once I've got it!

Wrench kid,

I had a Mondy ST220 but it broke Buying a new one soon though however, would love to keep up to date with your project on your ST, are you gonna be posting updates? Would be interested to see if I could turbo charge mine once I've got it!
Problem is the compression ratio, a standard 220 runs about 12:1 which in no way able to put forced induction into, I'm afraid it's a total rebuild with all new internals.
This is Ozzy my car that I'll be using.

Attachments

• 20170806_123020.jpg
    20170806_123020.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 3