C3 Upgrade

ZeroShift21

Car
C3 1.6 16V VTR
I'm thinking of changing to a sports panel filter. Would it be recommended to do the exhaust at the same time or is the filter on it's own for a while going to cause a disadvantage?

on the 1.6 you will only see a couple of ponies,
not going to make a blind bit of difference tbh mate. the ECU will adjust but the gains (unless your on about manifold and cat) will be neglible more noise than anything.

to get the best it will need mapped - wait until the whle exhaust done 1st

see https://www.torquecars.com/citroen/c3-tuning.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't bother with changing the filter, best to test you standard induction system to see where the restriction is, you will find that after your tests you will be surprised to find that the filter it's self isn't that restrictive,

I would take your airbox out and cut out all the plastic fins in the box and use and replace the pipe that feeds it with a larger diameter one, also check the pipe from the airbox to the throttle, does it have any sections of it that decrease in diameter? if so then replace it to the same diameter of the outside of the throttle,

Hope this helps

Brett

With the cutting out of the fins in the air box, what effects would result from this? Also if I just do that, would it be worth telling my insurers?

On here we do like to impress the importance of telling your insurance company about your modifications, however in this case I really doubt that they would kick up a fuss about it, some to note as well is that when you do decide to cut all the fins out, please take the air box out of the car when you do it so you can do a proper job and make sure you smooth everything out as much as poss, this won't really have affect on volume but smooth the air flow out which is what your engine will like :) also don't forget what i said about the pipes

remove the grill and remove air inlet shroud pullout plastic pin secures it in place get some plastic sheet and carry on side cover up past head light shape the top so the grill fits. you could also shape some plastic to make a bell mouth.you could also fill all the gaps around back of the front bumper to increase air pressure in the rad area mine works a treat.