C2 Code
Hi
I own the Citroen C2 Code limited edition
Basically a Vts with leather interior.

I am a vehicle Tech currently working for Frosts Vauxhall
So competent in vehicle mechanics.

I've owned subaru's a classic wrx and an import Sti
and found them very easy to tune.

However I'm struggling to find any evidence of any tuning modifications which in my opinion will work well on my C2.

I was thinking of Turbo charging but after a lot of time on the Internet have come to realise the C2 isn't really a good base to start with if I were to go down that route unless I was to wangle in a Saxo Vts engine then go from there as there are company's who have turbo conversions ready to go on that engine.
I don't want to start changing engines and have the extra hassle of mounting it etc.

I think my best option would be to improve the intake, exhaust flow, fuelling and brain and weight of the car.

Have any of the members here carried out successful modifications with proven gains on the C2 Code / Vts, I'm really only interested in mods which have seen gains on the dyno or have shown noticeable reductions on 0 to 60 times.

Thanks to all and looking forward to your posts.

You've obviously never driven one then. Best hot hatches by far.

Not even close, but have yourself a cookie anyways lol.

I would say best hot hatch "for the money" but look at how cheap EP3's are these days! EP3>182/172.

With regards to your C2, weight loss is a good move and is for the most part free performance. Without spending big money you will struggle to do anything that will give massive gains. A good enclosed filter with cold-air feed, DECENT exhaust and move away from the standard cat should provide a mild increase in power and throttle response.

Last edited:
You said best hot hatch... As far as Renaults come R26R aside they are pretty low down in my list of top hot hatches. When there are EK9's, JDM EP3's, Mk1 and 2 FRS', Golf R32, 147 GTA etc etc to choose from it makes you wonder why anyone with more than a few grand to spend would buy a Renault!

Yes Clio's are ok for cheap fun but they are a horrible place to sit day to day.

Bah. What gets down a twisty road quicker than anything side of an evo or some 200k supercar.

An ickle clio that's what. You should be ashamed to even mention the lumbering R32 in the same breath. Only thing that's got going for it is the v6 engine and the alfas is far nicer.

I'm right you're wrong so ner.

Geroff, if I had to choose between being given a Clio 172 and R32 I know which one I'd have. My mates modded trophy can't even keep up with my FRS and mates EVO 8 MR on a twisty b road, let alone a normal 172.

Evo 8?

I dunno about 8s, but the Evo 9 can't even keep up with a Vectra.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/car...hi_evo_v_impreza_v_vectra_vxr_v_bmw_330i.html

Is that a "no" then? How can I take anybody who says a Clio is better than hot hatches they have never driven seriously? :lol: You are winding me up surely? :lol::lol::lol:

And as for the above...not sure you read the same article as me?

"The Evo IX feels exactly what it is: a culmination of years of intense development. It's the most thrilling of the group, it's also the fastest, and the only car without a single element that detracts from the business of getting all of its power to the road and putting a big smile on your face. It wins, and by quite a margin."

Wind up ? Shurely not.

You seem to have missed this part of the article:- Incredibly - no, scrub that - shockingly, that car has a Vauxhall badge on its nose. The Vectra VXR is splitting the two hardest, most outrageous rally wannabes right down the middle. And despite significant horsepower advantages, not to mention the benefit of two extra driven wheels each, there's nothing they can do about it.

Frankly, I'm staggered at the Vectra's sheer ground-covering ability.

Of course the evo is better, but when 7k gets you a nearly new vectra vxr or a 10 year old evo, you do have to wonder tho. And marvel at how well the vx engineers did with the base article, which couldn't handle for toffee.

Ps sorry about the thread hijack OP.

No offence, the topic has gone well off course. You all seem really nice people but at the risk of upsetting some of you I'm not interested in renaults or I'd of opened a thread in the Renault section. Thanks for all your posts But I feel this may be the wrong forum for me.
Take care all.

No need to be sorry, I no you all mean well, I also understand this is an all make forum, but this is a Citroen section for Citroen specific questions, I've been so used to having been made to open new threads in the right sections or be told off in other forums I suppose I just thought that's how it is.

Cheers :eek:

Trouble with smaller non turbo petrols is that unless you spend a few grand on either turbo or new cams you'll always struggle to get more than a few hp extra. Sorry to mention clios again but as an example an ik on a 182 gets you about 5hp extra at most, but a 1600 quid cam kit and remap will get 200hp

Another thing to consider is that a turbo will change the character of the engine, whereas cams will keep the revvy n/a character just make it quicker.

Last edited:
Hi
Just thought I'd update
After much thought looking at all the options to increase hp
I have taken purchase of a Wizard of Nos, nitrous kit.

I fitted the 11lb nitros bottle today and will be fitting the pulsoids
Tomorrow. The rest to be fitted over a few evenings.

I have also gone for a nitrous controller and three jet sizes 25bhp jets for setup
50bhp jets and 75bhp jets once I've got the system running and am happy with how the engine is running with nos.

I have also bought a wideband O2 sensor and gauge so I can see how rich or lean I'm running in realtime and also enabling me to get the mixture right so I don't go and hole a piston.

All in all and fingers crossed I will be looking in the region of 200hp with nos and if I change my car I can remove it.

Total cost inc getting my own supply of nos so I can refil my own £1200
In my opinion a very cheap way of getting a lot of bhp's ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back