Buying an Eclipse

Azeksi

Car
205 XR 1.4
Hi, i'm new here,

my question is that, I've kept an eye out for this Eclipse, 2.0 FWD 172,000km cost 1200€ I test drove this car, it feels awesome, however when the engine was cold the engine kept dying until I gave it rpm for a few seconds and then it ran perfectly with low rpm (too low? were less than 1k idling). When I left the yard first gear seemed to grind it's way into second and the rest were normal even though my foot was almost through the firewall, so could this be fixed with a simple clutch change, or is the tranny dying? Oh and the passenger window is apparently ''off'' it goes down extremely slow, and when it goes up, it wedges itself so it won't move anymore, you have to guide it up, simple thing to fix?

Other than these, the car seemed fine, just a few dots of rust, lights work, no leaky oil places, oil pressure gauge doesn't work, but that's easy to fix.

Thanks for replys, reply fast because i'm not sure how long the car's for sale!

The crunchy 2nd gear could need new syncros but is it ok when hot??
Test clutch in 3rd /4th gear with handbrake on and if it slips will need replacing soon.
Will need to remove door card to see what's happening with window.
IF it's a dealer seller try to have the problems fixed before you pay .

PS when you have it change box oil to REDLINE LIGHTWEIGHT SHOCKPROOF as I have had good result in a Mazda box.