Busy week ahead

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Am working at my local produce store 3 days then am off to Qld Raceway for time attack on Thursday where I will be on the flags in the morning then on track in the afternoon as well as taking some instruction/training in order to lower my times . Flags duty gives me free entry so only up for the training fee:)
On Friday I will be leaving early to tow the car to Oakey for the weekend street sprints that are held on closed roads in the industrial estate.
Look forward to meeting and chatting with fellow competitors as well as hopefully no repeat of last years -4 deg icy mornings .

Had a good T A track day yesterday with a couple of minor niggles but that is to be expected with a highly modified 85 car run on a shoestring budget but was able to solve them and all was well again.

I was officiating in the morning and on track in the afternoon and it was good to see some of the cars that I have lusted over being tracked like 6.3 AMG's , V12 Fezza , V10 BMW, GT2 Porsche, Gullwing Merc, V5 twin turbo Ghibli and of course a V6 GTR |B

Am packing my Colorado 4x4 with the essentials to survive my weekend Street sprints at Oakey an app 2 hour drive away towing my Starion and camping in the pit area where temps are expected to be close to zero overnite :eek: Will be snug under my doona;):)

Arrived home from the Oakey street sprintswith only a slight mark on the car from a cone that came a bit too close but will buff out easily.

The course is a simple one that consists of 2 laps around a rectangular closed road in an industrial estate and they had increased the distance between the 2 chicanes in the 1st straight so much that I was in 4th and almost on the 7200 limiter before braking for the tighter chicane before a 90 left.

One of the highlights for me was finally being able to pip an annoying character who makes a point of letting me know at every event that he is faster but on the last run Saturday I was almost a second faster , Revenge is so sweet as he was MIA and nowhere to be found;)

Had a passenger ride in a drift car and will have to suck on a lemon to wipe the:) off my face.
I was totally at ease and relaxed as the driver had it sideways between concrete barriers and would jump in again in a heartbeat|B|B

:oops: nearly forgot to say missed out on 3rd place in class by 2/10ths

That sounds like you had a ruddy good time Rad :) a real shame about missing out on a wonderful 3rd place though for your efforts.

Sounds like you had a great time, but after that lot I would need a week to recover :) Any photos/videos?

Shutting someone up is great fun, especially when they can't take it. We were at our local drag strip (well, it is an old runway set up for racing a few times each year, but it is a lot closer that Santa Pod so useful for shakedowns) last weekend. We were there to support a friend on his first drag run. He has just built a Chevy powered BMW. As we were lining up we heard a friend of the Nissan driver tell him to race the BMW and blow his doors off. It was a case of all fart and no sh1t along with all the gear but no idea :) Unsurprisingly there were no congratulations forthcoming and we would have loved to have told them that this was Andy's first ever run :)

Thanks chaps |B Just received the revised results and there were a couple of late entries that were not on the entry list so finished 5th in class and app mid field of all drivers entered but am still more than happy with my driving on the weekend.

It is a bit unfortunate that my class includes dedicated non registered stripped race cars but it is what it is and with my wife and God willing I will be back competing again in 2016.:)

The class winner was a purpose built Datsun 120Y with huge flares to cover wide full slicks and propelled by a 6 cyl 3 litre RB30 turbo with a Watts link rear end that was fixed to something stronger than the stock 120y rear end and was in the shootout for the top 10 but snapped a drive shaft lining up for the shootout.

Steve tried to get video with my dash cam fixed to the ext door mirror but wont play then as it says something about wrong format.Funny thing is that I can play the trip to the track when it was in my 4x4 :confused::(

Will post link to pics when I get it .

I had the Go Pro on the door and I would power it up in the pit but it seemed to power down by the time I got near the start and had an official push the record button.
I am not a geek and have been told that the GP can be changed to a 1 button operation to switch on and record so will get NO 2 son to change that for me.

Last edited:
Had my left elbow opp yesterday afternoon and they removed a couple bits of bone chips that had among other things changing into 5th and reverse and reverse painful as well as working on the car.

Can only put it down to a painful dislocation judo fall in my late teens but has only been troubling me the fast few years.

Woke up today with almost no pain and felt like I could have gone to work this week so hopefully the Dr will give the ok when I see him on Monday .

It's great when a problem has a solution. Working on and driving the car with only one good arm would be a pain.

Look for an app :)

Or set up a search on eBay that will alert you when one is listed.

Go Pro is now a 1 button job so will mount on door and see how I can turn it on when belted in.
Am thinking that I can leave shoulder straps clipped in but loose so I can reach the on button and then tighten the shoulder straps.

Thanks 4 the tips Steve|B