Building a performance Mazda6?

84ZX

Wrench Pro
Car
1997 Audi A4 2.8
I've always wondered if it'd be possible to even TRY to get a Mazda6 over 300 BHP, the hatchback looks quite cool and I know they will leave a mark in this generation as "that good winter beater". Share your opinion.

Well I must say, that it is a thought that has never ever entered my head o_O

The Mazda 6 seems to be a rare enough car on the road, I am struggling to remember the last time I saw one.
But if that's what floats your boat buddy, then I for one wish you the very best of luck should you attempt it :)

Well, there is plenty of space under the bonnet and it would make a great sleeper.

Remove the badges and no one would even know what it is :)

The mps is about 250bhp standard and a remap would probably take it to around 280-290bhp so with a few mods and a custom map 300bhp should be easily achieved !

Thats one tough Mazda 6 ... here it only has around 150Bhp for the 2Liter version and around 180 for the 2.5 liter version ... its only available in those 2 specs here

Thats one tough Mazda 6 ... here it only has around 150Bhp for the 2Liter version and around 180 for the 2.5 liter version ... its only available in those 2 specs here

Well as Mars has a gravity of 0.38 times that of Earth, 150 & 180 BHP respectively is plenty for moving around on your planet ;)

True but the difference when driving both versions is minimal .. Now if we had the Mazda 6 Speed version .. now that would be awesome ... Cuz you see the Mazda 6 2.5 with 180Bhp drives similar i not slower than a 2007 Toyota corolla 1.6 Liter Robotic transmission with 124 Bhp ... id expect more from a car with 180Bhp especially if its a model 2012 +