Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Budget tyres which ones are the best?

If you can think of another make just post it here without voting and I'll add it to the poll.

If you have had bad results or experiences please also post here so we get the full picture.

well at the moment iv got Dunlop SP sport 200 on the front and iv got nankangs on the rear and OMG the Dunlops have so much more grip, the car always wants to over steer now in the wet :lol:

I had no choice but to go for SP Sports on the back wheels of my Audi - they didn't have the Michelin Pilots that I wanted. I must say I am very impressed with them - the fronts are shod with Pirelli P6000 and they are running out of tread just 13,000 miles later. The SP Sports coped well in wet, mut, dry and greasy surfaces - the Pirelli's just got caked with mud and gave very little grip in the mud. I'm actually considering the SP Sports for the front as well and they are about £30 each cheaper than the Pilots and P6000's!

IMHO Pirelli's are rubbish. They have a habit of picking up every stone and bit of mud in the tread, and they usually perish way before they have worn out.

When I had to re-shoe the Probe two months ago,I went for the Conti's (225/50's) at £119 a piece.At first I thought I had made a mistake.They were very skittish and twitchy on even lightly damp roads.But after the first 400 miles.............the car is now like its on rails.I happily throw the thing into any bends,knowing it is going to go exactly where I want it to.

Sorry,i know this was about budget tyres.I will go now :oops: