Bucket seats

beks

Car
eunos 1.8
Evening all

I finally got started today on my Eunos 'pimping'. Well I removed the Roof, seats and carpet. I am now looking for some bucket seats to replace the leather speaker seats that were in there originally. If anyone has any tips where I can pick them up at a good price I would be grateful.
I was disgusted what I found in my car today, I swear if I swab it and send it to a lab there would be a cure for cancer amongst that crap! :lol:
Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Beks

Depends on the car. Most harnesses just attach to the roll cage, that or a mounting point. Either way you need to remove the rear seats.

On a mx5 if you dont have or want a role cage is it still posible to fit a four point harness if you used the original points for the bottom two and then just bolted the top point to the parcel shelf area?

If you fit bucket seats how easy is it to put a 4 or 5 points harness in?

Have you looked on Demon Tweeks website? they do a very good range of seats and all types of harnesses! If you need advice ask to speak too Paul, he's a very helpful chap :)

On a mx5 if you dont have or want a role cage is it still posible to fit a four point harness if you used the original points for the bottom two and then just bolted the top point to the parcel shelf area?

I suppose it's possible but can't imagine how secure it would actually be.

then maybe just a bar that would run across from the fixing points and not have the stupid top part around the seats, my aim is to have a pretty much standard looking car so will be aiming to hide alot of features

then maybe just a bar that would run across from the fixing points and not have the stupid top part around the seats, my aim is to have a pretty much standard looking car so will be aiming to hide alot of features

if you were to use a bar youd need to make sure it was fitted securely, not just a couple of 8mm bolts at each end. the bar itself would also have to be able of taking the force of 2 adults coming to a sudden stop over a short distance. otherwise the bar could bend and snap so giving next to no support.

To Prince, No the car would be used for mainly at the weekend, and some nights to represent the Jap Inport and the Essex boy racer over in Australia with there stupid Holdens and Fords. :D

And thanks P Garner much appreciated :D

I'm almost sure you can fit a fat bar that would act as a rear strut brace.
It should attach to the top of your rear suspension and you would be able to use that for the seatbelts.

To Prince, No the car would be used for mainly at the weekend, and some nights to represent the Jap Inport and the Essex boy racer over in Australia with there stupid Holdens and Fords. :D

Then IMO harnesses are not needed. Normal seatbelts plus a bucket seat will be sufficient enough for road use.

If you really insist though it can be done. What is inbetween the rear struts and the front seats?

personaly i believe the mx5 to be nicer, i like the pop up headlights of the older ones, also if i had a say Mx5 i would be up for doing anything to it where as a S2000 i would want to keep it stock looks wise.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back