Box junctions

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is so complicated about box junctions and keep clear zones.

Most drivers seem completely oblivious to them and end up jamming up the roads.

I've even seen drivers parking across level crossing in the box junction because the traffic ahead was stationary, although it was stop start up till that point!

ya if you are driving and the traffic stops and you are half way throu the box then ok

but i never enter it if i cant get out the other side

You shouldn't be in a position where you stuck in the box, the whole point is to look ahead & decide if you have enough room to get across. You shouldn't blindly follow the car in front. tut tut tut... ;):p:lol:

What I hate is turning right & the car in front won't go in the box even though the exit is clear, meaning when the lights change only he gets across the junction.
icon_hair_out1.gif

Used to be one in Leicester, in a really stupid place. Outside lane for turning right and going straight on.

I needed to go straight on, then turn right at the next junction (maybe 20 yards further on) - thus being best in the outside lane - and so would often get stuck.

Idiots behind would then beep their horns cause I was sat there with the light green not going anywhere - but I couldn't!