Torque Cars

BMW to faze out V8's

Discussion in 'BMW forums' started by marti5, 15 October 2009.

1. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and welcome to TorqueCars! :) and if that nonsense ever happens then I shall fight them to the very last man! ;)

2. senadell

senadell Newbie

Ghana, Kumasi
    Car:
    03 BMW 525td
    i trust BMW so i believe they will get an equally powerful engine as the V8s or even more powerfull than that..... Lets just keep our fingers crossed

3. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    I have no doubt whatsoever that BMW will make the engine very powerful, it's just the loss of the term 'V8' from the BMW stable :sad2:

4. Stevearcade

Stevearcade Wrench Pro

Eastbourne, UK
    Car:
    Honda Accord 2.4
    It's sad to see an iconic engine be discontinued. But I have a lot of faith in BMW. I'm sure whatever they do next will be mighty, and probably be more fuel efficient and kinder to the environment to keep the tree huggers quiet.

Don't know if I feel the same about VW doing away with their V6 range though. A mate of mine had a V6 4Motion 3 Door Golf while back. Man that was fun car. Don't think there's necessarily grounds to really do away with the V6 just yet.

5. stanleypayne

stanleypayne Newbie

Australia
    Car:
    BMW 330ci
    I love the V8, and i think it has been one of the best engines that the company has ever produced. I am doubting if they could top this legend hmm

6. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    It's all about emissions. Bmw's current straight six 3.0 petrol has 270 bhp but is only a band I tax and has a combined mpg of 37. Amazing for a big saloon with a 0-60 of 6.5

7. gingerbrother

gingerbrother Tuner

nottingham england
    Car:
    audi a4 1.8t sport
    new fiat panda.twin cylinder turbo.a taste of things to come?

8. geraint13

geraint13 Pro Tuner

Caerphilly, Wales
    Car:
    Zafira 1.9 SRI
    My diesel has a combined of 42 mpg. That's next to nothing in terms of petrol to diesel.