Blue smoke

cos231

Car
Saxo1.6 8v VTR
Hi i'm new to this site ...

Have a bit of a dilemma really as to whether to do an engine change or not ... i got mi Saxo bout 2 week ago now ... wa a lil lumpy when i got it .. so did a plug change the plugs were white coloured ... an one of the plugs were missin the end .. anyway tht solved the lumpiness out ... fitted new cat ... but seem to now get cloud of blue smoke when i start the engine in a morning ... the enigine has done 120k so high mileage....

Hi i'm new to this site ...

Have a bit of a dilemma really as to whether to do an engine change or not ... i got mi Saxo bout 2 week ago now ... wa a lil lumpy when i got it .. so did a plug change the plugs were white coloured ... an one of the plugs were missin the end .. anyway tht solved the lumpiness out ... fitted new cat ... but seem to now get cloud of blue smoke when i start the engine in a morning ... the enigine has done 120k so high mileage....

120,000 miles isn't that high really. Unless of course it's been mistreated and thrashed before fully warmed up.

Valve guide oil seals are the likely culprit here. Also check EGR is not blocked or sticking.

If it only does this on startup I probably wouldn't be too concerned. What oil grade are you using?

If you have the right tools any job is easy enough.;) Does it smoke when warm as well?

Only seems to do it when starting up ... just a bit embaressing at times .... does't seem to do it when it's warm .... or if it doe's it's not that noticeable.

is there any guides on here on how to change the Valve stem seals ?....had a look but can't seem to find anything about them ....

not sure what oil is/was in it ... but plan on changing it to magnatec.

Valve stem seals are really an engine specific task and a lot of manufacturers have different specs. A haynes manual or similar would be your best bet.