Bloody Alloys!

Rudders666

Torque Master
Car
Ford Focus ST300+
It doesn't seem to matter where i look, all alloys cost the earth, i think it's ridiculous for something with no moving parts to cost so damn much that they're nigh on inobtainable to general folk.

I looked round a few breakers on the t'internet but for 18's they were asking like £700-£900. From a breakers???? That's a damn joke surely!! :twisted:

Still searching though, it seems i may be searching for some new ones some time in the near future and hitting the old credit card up for them, not a great deal of choice in this market is there? :cry:

Just a little moan really, ignore me, lol, unless you have any top tips or shops to get them from reasonably priced.

Cheers kids,

El Pedro aka Sexy Beast 8)

If you'll settle for smaller and normal looking ones then Im sure they would be a lot cheaper! The old addage seems to fit this scenario - you get what you pay for! :(

I think they are overprized but they cost more around hear when all the taxes have been put on them and the sellers allways sell them a little bit higher than would be enough to keep them running. They buy them expensive and then come the taxes and then the thing the sellers put on them wich is sllways high

What style and pcd are you looking for I might be able to help you here as I have a friend with a new set of 18s that have never been fitted I think he is asking around the £3/350 mark and they cost him £850 :shock:

Picture

Hey pnl mate. If you can get me a picture up then i'll let you know if i want them or not. Is that alright wi you pal?

Cheers,

Pete

Here you go they are wolf race and never been fitted and complete with tyres to :shock:

Phil :)

400-906966.jpg

I am based in Cardiff and Steve is in Newport just 14 miles down the road from me but to save you a journey we need to sort out if they will fit before you go any further what car have you got ..what pcd has the hub got and what et/offset are you looking for ..in the mean while I will try and contact Steve and get as much info as possible off him :)

SexyBeast69 said:
It doesn't seem to matter where i look, all alloys cost the earth, i think it's ridiculous for something with no moving parts to cost so damn much that they're nigh on inobtainable to general folk.

I looked round a few breakers on the t'internet but for 18's they were asking like £700-£900. From a breakers???? That's a damn joke surely!! :twisted:

Still searching though, it seems i may be searching for some new ones some time in the near future and hitting the old credit card up for them, not a great deal of choice in this market is there? :cry:

Just a little moan really, ignore me, lol, unless you have any top tips or shops to get them from reasonably priced.

Cheers kids,

El Pedro aka Sexy Beast 8)

Try http://www.merityre.co.uk/alloy_wheels.htm

OR

http://www.performancealloys.com/

pnl said:
Finally got through to him in the middle of a 15hr shift :shock:

Wheels 18" dia
4x100 pcd
ET 38
Bore centre in the wheels 72.6 mm

Hope that helps :D

Not in the slightest, lol. all i want ideally is 18", 5 spoke, 5 stud alloys that are cheap :D

Im looking for 16" alloys that are nice looking but not over the top, my budget is £500 and I've seen plenty in that range.

oh hell yeah, companies will charge you an arm and a leg for 18" despite them costing hardly anything extra to make.

Tell me about it, it's a right rip off! I wanted to buy some off my mate but he keeps umming-and-arring about it which is a pain in the arse cos he doesn't use the car they're on at all. Also they're 18"s, Alpina's and he'd take £300 for them.